Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Aug.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » TEMPEST LEAGUE || Official (Belated) Release Post
Thunder_Luigi
Fire Stingray
TEMPEST LEAGUE || Official (Belated) Release Post
Reply to this Post

Hello, friends, I am pleased to announce the release of the...

TEMPEST LEAGUE

This is made for racers that are proficient in the original and are looking for a new challenge. I explored many fresh ideas at the time, and hopefully you all experience equal parts fun, frustration, and speed as you make your way through a full 24-course game.

Some may have seen my teaser video in 2016, but for many reasons the project went on a three-year hiatus with just three tracks left to develop. All ideas within just that video remain unchanged, however, all other tracks up until the release day have undergone varying amounts of changes up to being scrapped entirely. I provide you with no trailer as to allow you to experience this game as if it were a fresh copy of F-Zero X.

I would like to bring to attention the following:

This game is beatable in GP mode up to Expert difficulty. This has not been tested at Master level as I am not that good. Some tracks do dispose of all AI racers, but that's when you should keep your wits about.

This game was made without advanced techniques in mind. Personally, I can slide and do DTD-R's but I am nowhere up to par compared to the other slider-type players out there. However, the potential to come up with insane strategies with slider strategies is great and I look forward to seeing them.

This game is entirely EK-Friendly. You can make any of these tracks in the Expansion Kit as they fit to its constraints plus the ROM's. In the project.txt file I have listed my personal favorites for an Edit Cup, but you can remake the entire game within the Expansion Kit if you wish.

Now with that out of the way...

Here's a download link for the FZEP files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dyDgZvekEhWq81S0Po416_v5tKtNLFMy

And here's a link for a BPS patch file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1V9aAp0SI5_dkz_7KSHySlE_HMo9MBWgh

...and have fun racing!

I am on the F-Zero Nexus Discord as @Thunder Luigi#1455 so you can tag or message me privately for comments and gameplay videos.

Hot_Violet
Dragon Bird
Re: TEMPEST LEAGUE || Official (Belated) Release Post
Reply to this Post

Thanks for sharing.  And thanks for making it something that folks other than the uber-elites can play, too. Smile

Tyree13
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hey can u send in another one? But bps this time pls?

Thunder_Luigi
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Updated to include a BPS file. I didn't realize the demand for that kind of format. I'm just so used to using FZEP to load a track in one at a time.

Index » F-Zero X » TEMPEST LEAGUE || Official (Belated) Release Post