Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Dec.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GP Legend Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GP Legend » Happy New Year Everyone
Faizer
Black Bull
Happy New Year Everyone
Reply to this Post

Let's hope this one eill be a lot more active for GPL 

TheMachineMechanic
Dragon Bird
Re: Happy New Year Everyone
Reply to this Post

HA NO!1111111

Faizer
Black Bull
Re: Happy New Year Everyone
Reply to this Post

Well this sure aged well, once again happy new year everyone.

2020 may have been an overall shit years for all of us but hot damn it was an amazing one for GPL.

It started with Taro doing a WR per month, then FSF got one (C8 ) which of course Taro beat in less than a hour.

...then April happened, oh boy I dont think anyone expected what was about to come.

I got my first WR then (C5), Taro beat it...and so I beat 2 other ones. Needless ti say this was the start of a WR chain so big it lasted till August.

The WR thread was 18 pages at the start of the year...it's now 28.

All thanks to the efforts of Taro, Felix (Hibiscus) and even me. Even the Americans joined in with zewing getting a WR (A1) and Fighbat improving on some eCard WRs (BB Pigeon). Out of the 41 Lap WRs, 40 were beaten this year (BBBB being the sole one standing), and 43/48 beaten in ZT, with the oldest WRs (RCPJ2 5lap, PTFR2 5lap and C4) all getting beaten as well, and the total amount of WRs set going into the hundreds.

We saw some WRs possibly hit their limits, and even then we saw how those themselves weren't truly done with (like MCC and PTFR laps), with many new strats being found.

We saw the eCards finally becoming accessible to all with the help of GuyPerfect's rom hack, and whilst it's not allowed for WRs yet, it's gave everyone access to those bizarre tracks.

A lot of players also made their splashes on the game, with Fretzi becoming the first German to get into the Top 30, as well as the first German Top 10 finish, and with Eg nearly getting his and Canada's first WR in GPL (sadly it didn't materialize...or at least not yet), and with Ste setting some great times. And of course with FSF, zewing, Fighbat, me, Hibiscus and Taro setting WRs on top of that.

We also managed to get a History page ready with the help of TBK, Yazzo and especially Taro. Im looking forward to it finally going live soon.

The year also so SARB get used for the first time in runs, especially in Zero Test.

Even if Taro isn't here anymore (yes I still miss him), I hope we can continue with this into 2021

Index » F-Zero GP Legend » Happy New Year Everyone