Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Dec.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » Jumper ladder?
Ranjit_Kohli
Mr. EAD
Jumper ladder?
Reply to this Post

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I visited this site (supposedly the last time I checked in was 2007-ish!)  It's amazing it is still up and active!  I am really thinking of getting back into X, my favourite game on the N64... after I save up enough for a 64DD (that's going to be a fun purchase *rolls eyes*).

However, something caught my eye when browsing the site.  There's now a "Jumper Ladder" in the X section?  What exactly is this... I don't remember this being around when I was active.  If I remember correctly, Jumper was the max speed oriented style while Slider/Drifter was acceleration oriented.  Can someone explain exactly what this ladder is?  Is it for max speed setting craft?  If so, is it possible to have the same times in both this and the main ladder (I only just began scratching the surface of sliding back in the day, so 90% of my times are max. speed with Mighty Gazelle or Twin Norita.)  Or, is it something else entirely?

Thanks!

(You got boost power!)

Faizer
Black Bull
Re: Jumper ladder?
Reply to this Post

Hoi there, Jumper basically means using settings that prevent sliding (or at least the gain of speed from it), I'm not that familiar with X to explain in detail but the rules page has a section for it

also hey, a lad from a neighboring country 

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

jumper ladder is pretty much that. a ladder for jumper style times only. settings to the right are the only ones allowed.

in the rules there's information about the exact settings allowed.

you can have times on both since some tracks are faster in jumper normally.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Ranjit_Kohli
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Great, thanks!  Look forward to entering my jumper times in (before I beat them all by learning how to slide properly)!

Index » F-Zero X » Jumper ladder?