Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Dec.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
MV Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero MV » Happy New Year! 2020 had so much activity.
Kaynce
Black Bull
Happy New Year! 2020 had so much activity.
Reply to this Post

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2020 was a quarantined year for many. And what happens when we are forced to isolate? We play video games is what we do. Haha.

F-zero MV had the most activity we've seen in many years and all that action was taking place in world record fashion.

2020 gave us 13 New World Records! Who woulda thought? And it's all thanks to BPA, TBK, and Faizer!!

Faizer... Shows us what the Wind Walker was capaple of as he uses it on tracks no one had ever seen before with his level of success. It's not too often a player comes along and not only competes at the highest of levels, but does so in a way that they influence how the other top players play. He ends the year off with an impressive 6:35.47 Flap total and 38:33.30 Course total. Ranks 14th AF and 9th SRPR. Above all he cranked out multiple world records in a game that had already been pushed to new levels. His progress triggered the greats to come out from retirement. Ben Allen our World Champ and Tim Buttner our runner up and flap extraodinaire. Way to go Faizer!

Tim... He could never let someone break his flap records! Haha. You went back and forth with Ben and Faizer in what led to some amazing flap world records. You're ever inching closer to a new barrier in the game's history...and that's breaking the 6:28.00 barrier. If you weren't such an honest guy (with resetting your glitch records) we would have seen this barrier set already. Speaking of barriers... K2 and the sub 2 min barrier. We know you've done it unofficially and can't wait to see a recorded version of this. You have destroyed the flaps in such ridiculous fashion. I'm sure Peutos wasn't too pleased with you taking the champ flap. Smile

Ben... You are the long standing champ and even when Tim came within a few points of over taking you in SRPR, you prevailed. You once again showed us why you're number 1. Your course total is stupid. Haha. Seeing you shave down your Flap times was wonderful. Your Q1 flap time, is once again yours as we see a new level of competition in the form of GP mode for flaps. Just crazy what you and Tim did with Q1 and P4. Are we going to see a Q1 14.xx?? If only we could merge you and Tim into one person. Haha.

I can't wait to see if F-zero MV has yet another year of progress and continued change to the player leader boards. I know I definitly want to continue to climb the ranks.

Will we see a new World Champ? Probably not... unless Tim wants to get serious with his course times. Wink haha.

Happy New Year everyone!

-- Kaynce

Are you watching closely?
Faizer
Black Bull
Re: Happy New Year! 2020 had so much activity.
Reply to this Post

I think Unr3al said it best how 2020 was in general 

Lets hope 2021 keeps it going

TBK
Janitor
Re: Happy New Year! 2020 had so much activity.
Reply to this Post

Happy new year and thanks for that write-up Kev. It's fair to say the pandemic has to be blamed for this resurgence... had to laugh at your first sentence, like we became kids again because of it Smile Well earlier last year I really thought hard about how to introduce a new way of playing and eventually came across this one flash cart. It's one of the main reasons we're active again so that was really a good thing. Also Faizer was quite relentless with some of the laps and that came really out of nowhere as he just joined the scene. It gave me some motivation to keep playing myself, guess that was a mutual thing in general between all of us.

My wish for 2021: GuyPerfect creates a new time attack romhack with which we could finally enjoy the game on GBA SP again and at the same time have replays availbable for whatever course we set records on!

Index » F-Zero MV » Happy New Year! 2020 had so much activity.