F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » Introduce Yourself Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Introduce Yourself
Reply to this Post

this topic is more for new people in fzc. they can tell us who they are so we can know a bit more about them as soon as they are here and hopefully will make the community stronger.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

My name is Ben. Find me on Twitter @kill_ben. I work in social listening and live in London. I've been part of this community since 2003 and have met a lot of cool people through it.

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Hello. I'm Tim from Germany. I was born on 27th of March in 1985. When I was bored of school back in 2004, I decided to buy F-Zero MV. This game reminded me of the original F-Zero for SNES..and I thought: "wow, such a game on a handheld, must be great"...so I got the game in March 2004. I played it a LOT since I got it...I remember I got it off ebay on a thursday, and I received it the friday after it. That was bloody fast eBaying...then I played the whole weekend. Later in school I was looking for the World Records of this game, found MFO (FZC just closed down in February I think...) and then watched Antoine's Championship WR Video. I was just amazed how he could do 1'22"90...whilst I had 1'35"xx or something. I played for more than 1 and a half year since then and retired from the game in october 2005. I actually managed to get WR's in this game, which was just impossible to imagine when I first started playing this game.

Randal
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Hello

My name is David Forbes born in the "great" town of Irvine, Scotland 26 years ago. 

I first got introduced to F-Zero back in 1998 with F-Zero X and played it on and off over the next few years, then in 2003 I found the legendary site fzerocentral.com and was there till the site sadly passed away in early 2004. I then got appointed as a ladder administrator with mfo and was responsibly for managing the transfer of times from fzerocentral. I stood down sometime during 2005 after becoming inactive from F-Zero. I own all the F-Zero games (apart from the Expansion pack for 64DD) and is partly responsibly for making sure Ben Allen is the world champion in F-Zero Climax.

I'm an idol to many f-zero players (not for my times of course) but to my stunning good looks and my ability to start random conversations that often end up being very funny. I also hold the record of beating JKT in a game of tic-tac-toe on msn.

iowa
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post
My name is Nicolas and I'm 15, will turn 16 on august 14th. I'm french. I've been introduced into F-zero when I first played GX, on august 31th, 2003,  because a friend had imported the game from japan. I liked it... but didn't buy it on the european release. 7 months later, I found a copy of the game for a pretty good price, and bought it. I first completed the game about one or 2 months later, then found MFO (I had the internet since about 5 months) and started the competition... 2 years later, I'm still playing (more or less... sometimes I don't play for 2 months) and I'm champion. My second F-Zero game was MV for GBA, I can't remember when I bought it. It's a pretty good game, but not good enough (for me) to compete in it. Third and last F-zero game was FZX, wich I got with a N64 on march 2006. I played it about one month and I'm ranked 45th, now waiting for a new controller, because the joystick of the one I have is broken...
I'm planning to get GPL and/or climax in a near future
samurai goroh
Fat Shark
Hi from Mexico
Reply to this Post

My name is Erick Guillen, my dob is 29/Nov/83 & as the subject says, I'm mexican :)

The 1st F-zero group I joined was on Egroups, later called Yahoo Groups (That's when I started to use my nick). Later on I joined several other groups like F-zero Central, MFO & currently Cyberscore...

I've played almost all the F-zero games, though I only own X & GX. I used to rent the original F-zero way back when I was a kid, so those records suck :P

BulletBill
Staff Ghost
Re: introduce yourself
Reply to this Post

Hi my name is Ben and I'm a 19 year old Biology student from Southampton England. I first started playing GX about 6 months ago when I was borrowing it from a friend and eventually bought my own copy cos I liked it so much. I completed the game but then found this site and discovered advanced techniques. It was from then to this day that I have been racing and improving my times thanks to many of the pro's here. GX is the only game I own and I tend to do snaking rather than maxspeed. Although I am still a begginer I hope to  get a top spot on the ladder one day. I am also a keen tennis player

midiman
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Hello,
Tony Thai/19/California, USA.
I've used to be active with a lot of the F-Zero games in the past.  I was responsible the discovering most of the spaceflying shortcuts in F-Zero GX.  I used to be champ on the open ladder until I stopped playing and lost some ranks.

Recently I've been playing RIIIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAACERRR!! on the 360.  I've been ranking 2nd on most courses to someone I'd probably call the "muumu of ridge racer."  Anyway I haven't played that for about a month now so I'm like 3rd to 4th now.

spirit_fox
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

allow me to introduce myself i am maen huneidi am 21 yeras old

i was born in maracaibo venezuela and my parent´s are from syria (an arabian country)

i love video games specialy nintendo, my favorites games are star fox , zelda , f-zero ,metroid ,metal gear etc...

i started to play f-zero in the 1998 when f-zero x came out and then i loved the series

i consider myself a good gamer and a f-zero top class pilot , and i love to talk about games and stuff like that 

i love heavy metal music just like metallica , iron maiden and dream theatre

if you wanna meet me please add me to your msn, mines is : [email protected]

-F-ZERO top class pilot-
uhd
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post
Randal wrote:

I also hold the record of beating JKT in a game of tic-tac-toe on msn.

That record is mine!!!

My name is UHD, but my friends call me Tom Freeman. I was born in June 1989 in the cold northern town of Watford. I first started playing F-zero in June 2001 with F-zero MV, just a week after it and the GBA was released. I played it for about a year before finding fzerocentral.com. I wanted to know how my n00b times compared to others. I entered in at Pawn B level in September 2002. I was born a n00b, but now can classify myself as a trained n00b (at least in MV). I set myself the target of becoming champ of MV one day and am fairly close to this target 4 years on. I was appointed moderator on MFO, but retired by mutual consent since forums are lame. I own GX, X, and GPL but don't often play them. I also know pi to more than 300 decimal places!!! And I play for a successful football team.

LordTyphoon
Golden Fox
Reply to this Post
Wow.. wish I found this thread first.

Where to begin? I am Marc J.L. Cartier, born in Mont-Laurier, Quebec, Canada in 1984. I have been a fan of F-Zero since the first time I saw my cousin play on his SNES about a decade ago, and I have recently accepted the fact I could be considered an F-Zero fanboy. I own X (even though my sister pilfered my n64 and a few of my games a while ago) and GX. I am at best average in both these days, but at a time I was able to sucessfully do Master Cup races on most tracks on GX. Those days are long over though, I'm afraid. I've recently gotten back into F-Zero (for good?) ever since I mistakenly saw  a shot of the F-Zero Anime (You have to admit that Falcon Punch moment is catchy). I tried F-Zero Climax around and was amazed by the fact there was an editor. Following that I went back into playing X (Hey, don't they say it's legal to have a rom if you have the real deal? Either way, screw that) and after poking here and there I discovered there was an expansion kit. The content it had and the features it had blew me away. I was also drooling with amazement watching PiccoloCube's custom track movies on youtube, since it was the best performance I had ever seen so far. I developped sort of an inferiority complex due to that and I don't know when I'll have the courage to learn USEFUL techniques instead of sticking to my little eenie-weenie play. Found these boards while searching info the expansion kit, and ever since I found out about BGNG's track editor.. I registered.

I write too much, I know. It's always like that. I can't help it. I should make novels for a living.
JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

Well I'll introduce myself to.

My name is Joel Kumlin. Nick JKL (wich Means Joel Kumlin Loser).
I started playing F-zero Early 90's. But wasn't so seriusn cause I was like 7.
In this order I played the games: SFC, X, GX, GPL, MV.

And I also rank the games like that :P
However, I suck on SFC, X. Pretty good GX and Average GPL. and hate MV so doesn't try hard :P
I've been on a 4month retirement from F-zero but recently returned again.

Not much mroe to tell. I'm just a silly booring dude :D
I'm born 1987, is 19 years now. So I guess I'm a bit old for being a gamer. But with alot of free time, and the love for video games, why should I stop playing? :D

Well that's all for me.

Turbo852
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post
Hello.  I'm Turbo852.  I'm 21 and a student at the University of Minnesota.
I joined here because it is the only place that I've found where people are talking about F-Zero Climax.  I'm interested in sharing and trying out custom tracks.
I haven't played too much of the actual game yet, but I've been playing around with the editor a lot.
I'm really interested in making things.  I like to make midis, play around with RPG Maker, attempt to use rom editing programs, and do basically anything I can that involves making custom things.

F-Zero for the SNES was the second game I ever bought.  It is a great game and I even have music from it on my cellphone for ringtones.
I've always dreamed of designing tracks for it.  When I was little, I would draw F-Zero tracks on paper and used paper car cutouts to race on them.

Finally, F-Zero Climax has given me the chance I've dreamed of for many years!
uhd
Blood Hawk
RPG maker is excellent, I made some cool games on XP.
Reply to this Post
Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

Hi Turbo852, welcome to MFO. Smile

If you like track design, you'll probably be interested in Guy_Perfect's F-Zero X track editor project: http://www.mrfixitonline.com/viewtopic.php?t=1915

Do you play time attack in any F-Zero?

Turbo852
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post
Ah!!!!!!

An F-Zero X track editor!  Yes!  I must try this out right away!  I'll also have to get an N64 emulator.

Yes, I've done time trials on the original and on Climax.  I haven't really even played some of the others.
My time trials from the original were lost and I haven't done much for Climax.  I plan on playing the original more to see what kind of times I can get.
Also, I've only played Climax on an emulator, so I guess I can't submit the times for that.  I do have an N64, so I might see if I can pick up a copy of F-Zero X.  I really should have done that a long time ago.  I should get GX as well.

It took a while to find a working download link.  Good thing there was one.

Edit:

I tried it out and I made one track already!  The editor is amazingly easy to use!
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

the F-Zero X track editor is really good. your imagination is the biggest limit of it.

you should check out youtube for custom tracks done on either emulator or the real EK (btw, all my custom tracks are in real EK). you'll be surprised by what is possible in FZX.

Climax is okay but few people have it here and competition is really low on it. its track editor is very limited too..

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Drumstick
Mr. EAD
Re: Introduce Yourself
Reply to this Post
Hey, I'm Ben Bryce, I'm from the south coast of England and I'm twenty this year. I first started playing F-Zero games when I got the inaugural game in the series in 1993, I was five. Since then, I've been a massive fan of the series, and bought each console based sequel that has been released since. I got F-Zero X  a few weeks after I got my N64 in 1998 and although I found it very difficult, I eventually beat all the difficulties on it. When GX was released on the Gamecube, I felt my skills were pretty decent, and being pretty clued up on computers at this point I decided to search online for a ranking site, and found the now deceased F-Zero Central. I joined in October 2003 and continued to post right up until its demise in March the following year. After this I no longer felt the need to play GX, so instead I found something else to focus my attention on; NGC, a Nintendo focused gaming magazine ran their ''I'm The Best'' competition, and while that lasted I signed up to Games Radar, where I can still to this day be found posting regularly and joined in with the chatter. I've even met some of the guys who took part, I'd even call them friends. Around this time I moved house and didn't have the Internet for around a year, so in an effort to stay in contact with the F-Zero guys, I used to go to the library and send off emails to Randal (as his email was the only one I could remember), and kept up to date with the latest goings on. When we did finally get the Internet back at home again, I signed up to the first incarnation of Haven, and posted there for a while before college became too much and dominated my life (incidentally I passed the course). Towards the end, I was told there was a new Haven, so I signed back up and I haven't stopped posting there; although it's pretty dead now.

Currently I play Super Monkey Ball 2, slowly working my way up the ladder. To see what other games I've played you can check my Cyberscore profile. I can usually be found on MSN due to currently being out of work. Hobbies include listening to music (mainly metal), reading, sports, wrestling and of course games. I also enjoy calling Ben Allen a ''Sk8r''. The picture of me on the photowall is roughly 20 months old, but I could still pull that pose if I wanted to, so I feel no need to update the picture.

I'd also just like to thank anybody who has helped maintain my enjoyment of being apart of the F-Zero community for all this time; namely Randal, Bayntun, and Allen.
BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Damn straight. And Bryce is such a great guy irl too, though that day we met in Brighton was marred by a mass spread of people attending a gay pride event, which severely clogged up the roads.

Drumstick
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
Yes, that was an unfortunate coincidence, one which I hope doesn't repeat itself. Utter nightmare trying to navigate the streets.
   Index » FZC General Forum » Introduce Yourself Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next