Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Aug.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Latest Times Your Latest Times Your Ranking Summary
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » FZC General Forum » Introduce Yourself Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Introduce Yourself
Reply to this Post
Root Topic

this topic is more for new people in fzc. they can tell us who they are so we can know a bit more about them as soon as they are here and hopefully will make the community stronger.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
berrybob
Mr. EAD
Re: Introductions
Reply to this Post

Hi, i'm berrybob. I'm a brazillian that likes mathematics a lot. So, i like to do time trials and do some calculations with them. When i posted this message, i'm 17, but my mental age is still 10. I'm really lazy in doing any type of work and mainly i do things i like. That's why i'm still pretty bad at school.

I like F-zero because it's speed is fantastic! It's soooo faaaast! *-*

Also, when i play grand prix, i like to see what times i did and sometimes the computer's time. As you see, i'm a time attack fan. xD

I will calculate the difference between the times 1m 7s and 1m 31s. In percent, and the 1m 7s is 100%:

Transform minutes to seconds:

-Time 1: 1m 7s to 67 seconds

-Time 2: 1m 31s to 91 seconds.

Do the following formula:

100 . 67 / 91

The result is 73,62%. So the slowest time still need a lot of pratice. =/

LaserTG
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hello all! I am LaserTG, but if that name doesn't work for you, then just call me Leon. 17 years old at the time of me typing this, I am an American video game lover, plain and simple. Basically, a nerd. I play lots of stuff, from fighting games to Super Monkey Ball. I recently started watching speedruns of different F-Zero games, which interested me enough to want to play F-Zero X. I do only play on an emulator so far and I am not that good at X yet, but my skills are being honed as you read this! Mark my words, I will be that guy who gets 50th place that hardly anyone will talk about! I never really found any reason to join other forums, but as far as this goes, I am going to need all the help I can get! So, I hope I can help and be helped in making the enjoyment of this game that much greater! 

E_Dragon
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Welcome to F-zero Central LaserTG or Leon (depending on what you prefer more) !

Funnily you set the same aim as I did first when I came to this forum, to reach top 50 in FZX (I want to get even better now).

For F-zero X you need to learn Sliding and DTD. Both comes with enough practice, but DTD is something, where you need to get  the clue out, but afterwards it should be no problem to use it.

If you have questions or just want to hang out with other F-zero players, I recommend to join the irc-Chat Room.

Maybe you also get interested in other F-zero Games like GX too like me.

Good luck getting top 50 !

Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

We don't allow unofficial emulators here, you'll have to buy either a N64 or Wii Virtual Console copy to be able to post times on the ladders.

LaserTG
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
Mandalore wrote:

We don't allow unofficial emulators here, you'll have to buy either a N64 or Wii Virtual Console copy to be able to post times on the ladders.

Yeah, I figured as much, even before I looked at the list of rules. For some reason though, I threw a terrible time up on Mute City 1, and it won't come off. Is there a way for me to reset it, or do the higher-ups have to do that? Though it's not like my time is competing with ANYONE right now, hahaha!

EDIT: I meant that in such a way that you guys are better than me, not that you suck. I'm too nice of a guy to say that kind of mean thing to someone, especially on a forum. And I am planning to find a copy of F-Zero X at some point in the future, since playing on what's basically a PS2 controller is a little bit disorienting for a N64 game, believe it or not. 

RoadRunner
Mr. EAD
Re: Introduce Yourself
Reply to this Post

My name is Allan, y no me gusta escribir en inglés  xD

Well... I am 22 years old, and play F-Zero GX since january 2014

magejohnson
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hi, I'm magejohnson

I like the F-Zero music, played F-Zero GX, F-Zero X, and F-Zero (SNES)  in the past.

I completed story mode in F-Zero GX, ran multiple Death Races in F-Zero X, and played some of F-Zero for Super Nintendo,

niche2k
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hi I'm Nils from Germany, i am 34. The F Zero series is one of my favorite childhood games. After I unpacked the days my Wii to play fzero gx, I landed here in the forum. Unfortunately my English is not so good. I do not understand all the described advanced techniques. I would like spend more time in the games to improve myself and learn some of the advance technik in GX and other games in the series. Today I followed the stream of Edward played F Zero and found it very interesting. I hope, i find here other german pilot for a better understanding.

E_Dragon
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Welcome niche2k / Nils,

Nice to see someone interested in playing F-zero again. You are quite lucky here, because F-zero Central still has a at least existing German community (F-zero is pretty much dead nowadays)  and some Germans are also lurking around here some day, including myself Very Happy .

If you have problems learning ATs, or understanding tricks, or strats, I recommend you to join the  #f-zero  IRC Chat Room and you will very likely find astro, a German F-zero X player, that also knows how to play GX and ask him for advice, or maybe me as well.

The Germans who are still at least a little active here are:  astro, CMV, Daniel, TBK, FunStyle, FataliT, and me ( I hope I didn´t forget anyone )

astro
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Welcome!

As edragon said, you could ask me or him on irc about Advanced techs in german. To join irc just click on Chat Room at the top of the site (or join #f-zero on irc.speedrunslive.com via a client like HexChat). Responses can be delayed though when dealing with me.. Very Happy

I hope you stick around!

(Is Fatalit still active? Didn't know lol)

<Svenne> is walter jensen here?

(formerly known as elfe on MFO)
FuzzyCow
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hello,  I'm Fuzzy Cow.  I've always loved racing games, but never really had the oppertunity to try F-Zero.  After watching the past broadcasts of Yoshifan and CGN on GamesDoneQuick I felt inspired to try it.   I have recently bought F-Zero GX, and am currently becoming humbled (the phrase "Off Course" is staring to sound like "Of Course" due to the regularity it ends my runs).  I also found GP Legend, which I bought when it first released but grew bored of it (The AI is really easy and I couldn't find any staff ghosts to race).  I recently picked it up again, and thanks to the boards here I now know how much potential I have to improve.  I don't expect to ever become good at these games, but my goal is to achive a level where I don't suck.   If you look at my current times, you'll see I may be at this for a while.  Good luck all.

Dantexen
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hey there. I'm Dantexen, Canadian, from the East Coast, 25 years of age. I remember playing F-Zero GX around 6 or 7 years ago, though at that point in time I didn't own it, so when the roommate moved, I no longer had a copy. About a month ago I decided I was going to obtain the game again, and I wanted to speedrun games and livestream as well. Unfortunately, my internet is currently too slow to reliably stream, but I can record and post results to YouTube. I forget what exactly was the deciding factor on why I chose to get the games to speedrun, but I watched WMJ, CGN, AKC, Naegleria, Yazzo (I am sorry if I butchered any of those names) and the whole F-Zero crew on the couch for AGDQ 2014 and my schedule just worked out so I could watch it live this year. In addition to that, a friend of mine mentioned that he is speedrunning another game and I just decided that I was going to (finally) get into the world of speedrunning. I plan on running both X and GX, given they were my favorite racing games. I don't have times posted yet, but I hope that will change in the future along with my internet prospects so I can stream at something that's better than a broken 240P.

E_Dragon
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Welcome Dantexen,

Video proof is only needed for WRs, so there is no need to upload a video to submit a time on the ladder (I only have 1 X and 1 GX vid with my current PB, lol ).

For F-zero X I recommend reading the Basic moves guide here and practice these techniques for a long time, as it takes a lot of time to master them all  ( learning DTDs / ACiDTDs takes a lot of time ).

Also watching others (Uchia, WMJ, Daniel, CMV, or any other top F-zero X player )  playing can help you understand the techniques better.

For GX, I´d recommend reading the ATs page with Naeglerias tutorials and Vallkyrs Beginners Guide.

Also feel free to join the F-zero Chat room, where you can find us regulary and where we can help you out if you have any questions.

Dantexen
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Awesome. I appreciate it! I've been not only looking at how to do techniques, but also watching videos a few times and listening to certain sounds controllers make, which help me out too. I appreciate and I'll take any tips given.

zilcon
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

So I see there is a forum for f-zero.

Once upon a time about 10 years ago a friend of mine introduced me to this game called F-zero GX.

I played it and was sooo bad at it. Turned out he let me play the car bomb stage in story mode XD.

Later on I bought the game myself and man what a game that was. Everything looked amazing. the controls were spot on 

the difficulty: 1 of the hardest if not the hardest. and the music & gameplay just blew my mind. 

eventually i stopped playing the game.  I finished it. had a lot of fun times. played it also alot with some friends.

but my friends and  I always wondered whether there was an active community for this game. and we always believed this could be more. as in future possibilities.

so yeah as of lately i've seen bizarre speedruns of the stages in insanely high quality. never thought the game could look that good. it basicly looks like its a fresh new game.

lastly I want to point out whether there is a tournament scene for this game. you know 1v1 or 4 player versus races. winner gets prize.  I think this game  would thrive greatly if they had tournies. but i'll save that for another topic. 

I'm Zilcon and I'm from the Netherlands.

ChilledBerry
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Hey dudes I'm Richard from USA and finally decided to make a profile and put myself on the ladder.

I've been playing on my own for a little over half a year, watching and studying advanced tech. and how to get better overall whether it was by watching videos or streams.

This is the only F-ZERO game I've committed myself to, however I would like to try out X sometime in the future.

Also I'm a little unclear on video proof for when submitting times. I see that some people don't have video links next to their times (like mine), does that mean it's just not linked or does video proof only apply for WRs or for those who want to submit videos?

ChilledBerry
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Also what does SRPR Score and AF Score mean? Couldn't find them anywhere Mad

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

SRPR is Site Record Personal Record. it measures your time vs the best time in the site.

AF is average finish. it is an average of your position in every track.

SRPR is more beneficial if you get times that come really close to the best time in the site

AF is better if you have overall a lot of times around the same rank.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
ChilledBerry
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

Ah I see. That's very helpful, thanks.

FireFalcons1
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hello Smile

I am FireFalcons1 and i am an Australian F-Zero GX player who has been doing Time Attacks and Story Mode runs since August 2014
So far my ranks are:
69th on Max Speed Ladder &
14th on Story Mode Ladder Smile

My goal is to reach the top 50 on max speed and top 10 on Story Smile 
Hope to see more GX players this year ^-^ 

Index » FZC General Forum » Introduce Yourself Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next