Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Oct.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » F-Zero X: Post your improvements Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
F-Zero X: Post your improvements
Reply to this Post
Root Topic

i guess this is a good way to start the new topic here.

but i have not new improvements atm :p

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Jayray
Dragon Bird
Re: F-Zero X: Post your improvements
Reply to this Post
BenB17 wrote:

Welcome back Jayray. Do you already have an account on the ladder?

I used to go by statix, but that ladder account doesnt exist. at least i'm pretty sure it doesn't, anyway i made a ladder account under jayray.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

omg. it is such a surprise to see you back here statix. i never thought i'd see you again after so many years.

(my old nick was Piccolocube in case you wonder who i am)

this looks like teh year where everyone makes a comeback to fzx. jimmy returned to TASing, i came back to making tracks and now you're back at TTing. we just need a few more legends to make a comeback.

btw, do you still have your custom tracks in the EK or did they get wiped? i've wanted to play several of them for years now. i plan to write down coordinates for my tracks soon since philippe is interested in them.

Jayray
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

I should still have most. i think one of my favorites some how got messed up so ill have to go back and tweak it ( y-splits)

but ya i could probably get some coords up when i get some time.

i hadn't look at the ladder since sherif had started moving up. i spent most of yesterday reading the WR thread to try to see a glimpse of what i had missed, seems like there as been lots of activity. its unfortunate there isnt a history thread or something to keep track of old champions, or big events that happened.

Edit: also i meant to mention this at the time i made "Minedrop", for those of who don't know. Midiman gave me the idea for that track.

specifically the track stairsteping without jumper plates, falling underneath and getting pulled back up to the track.

So all credit goes to Midiman for that one.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

heh it doesn't surprise me that he came up with that track. he has very crazy ideas at times.

the history thing would have been good to have back in the day. this is one of those little things i wish were suggested earlier.

the WR thread is the closest we have to it for now. i think only MV has WR history recorded separately.

Jayray
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

bleh, having so much trouble with BB1, so inconsistant. have to try tomorrow again. that first lift off is really random.

anyway if you have a excel sheet and tell me which ones ill right the coords down for any tracks you want.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

ooh nice.

the tracks i'm most interested atm are: core, multiplex, gravity, hydrogen 2 and 3, ysplits, ptx, speedway, C (this one has just this as the name),  nite1x and tutorial.

i don't have an excel sheet but i guess you could use the following to copy each point in an easy format:

Name = 
Venue = 
Sky =  Music = 

CTL_Point 1
X =
Y =
Z =
LeftWidth = 
RightWidth = 
Banking = 
TrackType = 
Texture = 
Decoration = 

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

That's a big surprise, welcome back Jayray !

It's been a long time indeed !

It's funny because after Recording the 8 tracks I have from Uchiha and some bonus circuits from the game I just recorded a run on your remake of Mist flow today and I planned to release videos of the mirror version I made of your tracks soon but now that Uchiha shares his tracks on MFO and now that you're back and you share your tracks too I feel like I'm gonna be very busy soon instead of taking the break I planned ; )

Please share you tracks in FZEP sheet files, you'll see it's faster that way : )

Uchiha did recently use FZEP to share his tracks too.

Just write the coordinates of the points in a blank fzep sheet file, copy/past the sheet into the editor, update and use the editor to add textures, dash, jumps ...

Name = 
Description = 
JDescription = 
Source = 

Venue = 
Sky = 
ROM_Music = 
EK_Music = 

Horizon_Count = 
CTL_Point_Count = 

CTL_Point 1
X = 
Y = 
Z = 
LeftWidth = 
RightWidth = 
Banking = 0°
TrackType = 
Texture = 
Structure = 

CTL_Point 2
X = 
Y = 
Z = 
LeftWidth = 
RightWidth = 
Banking = 0°
TrackType = 
Texture = 
Structure = 

ect..

That way I think it will be faster for both expansion kit and level editor users to play your tracks : )

A link if you don't have the level editor anymore :

http://www.usaupload.net/d/oh8bovw4nmd

I can't wait to play more of your tracks !!! 

See you soon !

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

okay. the unthinkable happened. i made a new PR in this game.

WL1 flap: 22"855 NT (i used a very high jumper setting for this. it lets me hold more of the DTD speed without any significant changes. i can see this going down since my DTDs are very rusty and this is my first PR in over 2 years)

FunStyle
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

New Personal Record on Fire Field: 56"836 PAL

This is an improvement of almost a second compared to my previous run, made 2 years ago:

http://youtu.be/HyxyduNniW0

The Legend never dies-
E_Dragon
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

After a month not playing F zero X (mostly because of that ladder bug) and playing GX instead, I got some new PR in quite a short time (about 20 mins) compared to what I tried before that pause (at least 2h). It seems that playing FZ GX also trained my FZ X skills  O.o.

And now I have finally reached my first goal to be top 50 in the ladder , but I think I will still try to improve my times to see how far I can go.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

well, it's been over 4 years since my last 3lap PR and 2 years since my last improvement but i felt like playing this week and got an improvement.

BB1: 1'08"230 BH (using the same strat as 4 years ago i managed to get slightly better execution and shaved like 0.5 seconds. overall it is still wonky because the opener had a weak DTD and in lap 3 i wasted some speed by missing the zippers and lap 2 wasn't that good. i suppose 4 years of rust aren't shaken off in 2 days)

XoPachi
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Well...after a year I finally learned how to do DTD-R's which cut down my High Jump record by 5 seconds. So that's something.

Dantexen
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

I beat a staff ghost for the first time - Port Town's, to be exact. So I figured I'd make a post here just to show to myself that I am improving.

IAmTheEg7
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

So, I've been playing a bit this evening. FZX is my favorite game in the series by far, mainly because of the EK. My DTDs on Sector Beta have led to the following improvements:

Sector Beta flap: 26"777 NTSC

Note: improved by 1"315 from my previous record.

Sector Beta 3lap: 1'27"741 NTSC

Note: improved by 2"351 from my previous record.

EDIT: DTD's are getting better already. I played all the Jack and Queen cup tracks just now and shaved a total of 10.327 seconds across 6 improved 3lap times. So far I have beaten 10 of the Staff Ghosts and am within the 10 second range of the rest of them.

IAmTheEg7
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

This thread has not seen much activity since my last post in July of last year, so I figured that I should keep this thread up to date so you guys can see that at least someone is brave enough to post their improvements. Last night and this morning I played some more Jack Cup, and all of the tracks improved in at least one of the three ranking aspects. My new IL times (and how much I've cut from the old times) are as follows:

MC1: 1'13"062 and 0'21"541 lap (-0'00"993 and -0'00"371)

S1: 1'04"804 3lap (-0'00"057)

SO1: 1'05"287 and 0'19"427 lap; 1390 km/h (-0'01"936 and -0'00"821; +13 km/h)

DF1: 1381 km/h (+12 km/h)

BB1: 1'23"440 and 0'26"362 lap (-0'03"701 and -0'01"419)

PT1: 1'13"950 and 0'22"664 lap; 2328 km/h (-0'02"247 and -0'00"774; +1 km/h)

Jack Cup Totals: -0'08"934 3lap and 0'03"385 flap; +25 km/h

These improvements have bumped my postion in the Jack Cup ladder from 151st place to 124th place. Overall, my ranking on FZC in the FZX course ladder has jumped a tiny bit, from 144th place to 142nd place.

I'm going to work on the Joker Cup next; this is my least optimized cup. EDIT: 0'08"197 has been cut from my 3lap records in Joker Cup as well as 0'02"284 from flaps with improved times from RR and PT2.

WMJ
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Might as well post this here since it's the 2 fastest full 36 staff ghosts speedruns to unlock the Mr. EAD ending recorded by me and Daniel. 1:06:50 and 1:06:48, super close race Smile. Still want to get sub 1 hour one day. I heard they have a  high quality local recording of it as well that will be put on youtube eventually.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/117047780

IAmTheEg7
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post

@WMJ I watched the whole thing! Too bad the stream kept cutting out in the Twitch recording... Oh well.. Every time someone does an all cups run of F-Zero X, I just have to watch it! 

The next time F-Zero X makes it to AGDQ, I feel like coming to help out with the run. I live in the States, so it shouldn't be too hard to make it over there. Having analyzed all of the F-Zero X AGDQ runs, I have a much better understanding of the game at this point.

To add to that, I played yesterday to climb from 140th to 115th in the X ladder, so I know how to play the game with the proper advanced techniques (except AGG, I can't do it that well at all). I looked at my weakest times and improved them, some by more than 10 seconds O_0

deltablast54
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

Few improvements

MC1 1'22"466

S1 1'13''769

SO1" 1'10''266

BB1 1'12"567

RC1 1'06'726

MC2 1'07"800

WL1 1'27"250

FF 59''490 (no suicide)

S2 1'18"158

SB 1'15''216

DF3 1'10''502

SO2 1'20''734

PT2 1'35"433

BH 2'10''382

Daniel said FF would be like a pony ride with cotton candies and everything..... but sure as hell it was F***ing not.

All records on VC PAL version using a GC controller. vids coming soon

Stonecoldhard12
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

I improved my PR in White Land 2 by .950 seconds with some decent Half Pipe Side Attacks on all three laps. Definitely my most accomplished improvement so far.

White Land 2-58''670 18''006

Index » F-Zero X » F-Zero X: Post your improvements Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20