Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (May) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
SNES Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero SNES » Explaining the new WL2 skip for those that dunno
Faizer
Wild Goose
Explaining the new WL2 skip for those that dunno
Reply to this Post

so, yesterday Porthor managed to find a Skip on WL2 that lets you jump straight to the finish in FLaps (the skip itself), after a few hours I tried to perform it but it couldnt work...however, after that, MKDS used it and set a WR , absolutely fucking up the whole ladder

I too have now done that skip, but in case you need any more help (besides the video), here's some more info, this is the most outter place where the finish goes (pic by Porthor), it does require a lot of percision, personally the most consistent way I've found to hit it is to stay on the left of it, then strafe right when you can hit it, for me at least leaning into it isnt very efficient, also I'd recommend practicing the wall hit on tracks like Fire Field (right before the dirt) and obviously the jump itself, I hope it helps those of ya that dont know why their SRPR suddenly went to shit...great, WL2 somehow got worse to speedrun lel

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Re: Explaining the new WL2 skip for those that dunno
Reply to this Post

that's a real nice discovery.

might be time to go back briefly to get a new flap heh.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Copernicus
Blood Hawk
Re: Explaining the new WL2 skip for those that dunno
Reply to this Post

I didn't suspect tracks were programmed like that in F-Zero Snes.  I guess I'll have stop being lazy and start playing again.  Makes me wonder if I'll ever be able to reproduce that glitch I got that one time...

Edit: I forgot to reinstall my capture card in my new computer, and I found out why.  It is no longer supported.  Can't get it to work at all, so I have to get a new one.  But the virus outbreak means all the stores are closed, so I probably won't be uploading any new times for a while.

Visit my personal website: http://www.nicusprops.com
   Index » F-Zero SNES » Explaining the new WL2 skip for those that dunno