F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
MV Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero MV » F-Zero MV: Post your improvements Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
F-Zero MV: Post your improvements
Reply to this Post
Root Topic
MV improvements go here. i hope this revives the game :p
"Patience is useful in any moment"
TBK
Janitor
Re: F-Zero MV: Post your improvements
Reply to this Post

I'm not really a GP fan so this is nothing I really want to try. I think to beat Ben’s time in GP you will need a miraculous mine pattern. If you look at Kalle’s 22”43 opener in Training and Ben’s 22”10 opener in GP you have to conclude that 21”9x or lower should be doable for the first lap (because Ben’s best Training opener is 22”64 I think). If you somehow get that all you need is 4 more 19”4x laps and you will about tie the WR. But even that can be tricky with the traffic. The problem on K4 is that there aren’t many good mine places. I think the best place would be right after the long hangdrift. If you hit one there you might able to generate a 18”9x lap even. I really doubt K4 will turn into a GP track in the future but who knows. You’re pretty close to turning K3 into one.

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

^ Yamamoto's 2'14 on K3 was set on Grand Prix mode. No one really followed up but we probably should have done.

K4 is hard in GP simply because of traffic. Mine placement is also annoying but all it takes is one lap with a mine in the second half of the lap and you can get a good 19"1x. It all boils down to the opener. I agree that sub 22 is doable.

"Lucifer! Punish your enemies, oh lord of the night, destroy them all!"
SpeedMcJonJon
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Course: Q3

Time: 1'39"83

Mode: Training

Splits: 2211-1950-1950-1937-1935

Yay! Five hundreths of a second improvement!

Anyway, I usually do grand prix if I find it too hard to improve on a track in training mode, just because I'm not good enough that the traffic doesn't really affect me (if that makes any sense, hehe), yet I can still benefit from the mines and good bumps at the start. Of course I stay away from trying GP on certain tracks such as B3 or Q4, where there is practically no benefit at all.

SpeedMcJonJon
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Course: Q3

Time: 1'39"11

Mode: Training

Splits: 2177-1951-1923-1922-1938

Real improvement this time!

Tried to do JDT on the first, left boost pad, and right after I started nailing it the first few times I was able to shave off .31 seconds (down to 19"04 now) on my best 1 boost lap. Eventually I was getting more consistent at doing the JDT, but I started to get tired after a while and that made me mess up so much more. I kept bumping the wall at the wrong time or at bad angles, or just not playing the rest of the track very well. My personal best is a product of not playing very well, but at least there's still lots of room for improvement.

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

That's great that someone else other than me is finally trying that JDT! I agree it can be quite tiresome when you keep missing the dash plate. For now I only dared implementing it into my flap but in the future the 5-lap WR should be broken with it. I think you can start doing it maybe on two 1-boost laps, then drive the other 2 normally or so. Hitting it 4 times in a row with good exits is a tough challenge but I have to say even with bad exits the lap can turn out alright coz the JDT is just so powerful. The best way to exit the JDT is with a double tap. This way it's possible to perfectly throw the JV into the next corner tightly. Anyway, good progress. I know you can improve that time!

SpeedMcJonJon
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Hehe, I tried running Q3 some more today using the JDT and managed to match my best time again, so at least I know it wasn't a fluke (maybe a little luck though). And I agree, it's tough trying to get it right 4 times in a row, but I think if I try to only do the JDT for 2 laps, then race normally for the other 2 laps, I'll probably get confused haha.

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Stark Farm : Second Circuit - 1'56"87 GP

a time i set 2 months ago (2012-06-20) that i forgot i had. nothing special, just accidently got it while doing some single segment stuff. and with that i think i'll move on to GPL!

Peutos
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

b1 flap: 17"11..

WR of Ben and Tim is very hard Smile

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

I see you got 17"10 now. You gotta keep trying for a possible triple WR! This is actually one of my least played flaps. My 17"07 came quick and was a big surprise to me (I think I had 17"18 before that). I just got lucky and hit a pretty solid lap which I didn't feel like improving at all. I remember the first part of my flap was perfect and the rest was pure improvisation madness. I still don't know how to optimally string together the drifts on this one, especially near the end. I think Ben will agree with me that improving this WR would mean hell. I'm definitely curious what you can do Ettore.

Peutos
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

I know that this isn't a real improvement.... But today i made this splits on championship:

17"50-15"86-15"81-15"82-missed the last dash plate!!! with a 16"00 i could make 1'20"99, and last lap was quite good (i think 15"9X) so i hope to repeat this split in the future Smile

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

KF - 17"24

And with a video! Thanks to Peutos, Tim and co for the capture board DS and all related help with setting it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Dwk2zqbMO8

Peutos
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Go Ben go!!!

I'm happy to see you come back; hope to see some new WRs Smile

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Bianca City - Stretch Circuit - 1'47"79 (GP Mode) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9rXyi-ejr0 - An average run for me, but I'm happy to get under 1'48. Had lots of trouble getting the 2nd CPU bump on the opener to work. Very rarely got any better results than what you see in the video.

Splits: 25"49 - 20"88 - 20"92 - 20"27 - 20"23

Best splits: 24"7x - 20"67 - 20"67 - 20"18 - 20"2x

Highlight from the stream: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wJtzslxaG4

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Not a bad run. Your DDTs look wide to me at points, but you make it work. You do everything right for the opener imo, the second bump spot is frustrating I know, but it'll come to you. The CPU refresh there was more to the right than I'm used to getting, maybe turn in a little more after the mud turn to try get them on the left? Idk. Will you play tonight? And did you get my GP tips yday?

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Thanks. Yeah I've definitely noticed that I tend to make the drifts a bit wider than everyone else. I dunno, it's just always felt the most natural for me to space them out liek that. I'm not sure if it is slower or not, probably needs to be tested in an emulator to see what's the most efficient way of drifting.

Ah yeah maybe if I had gone more to the left that would have made a difference, I tended to always kinda go in the middle of the road, and that didn't seem very efficient whatsoever. But I think I'm done with P1 for now. I want to move on to the next course.

And yes I did get your tips, they were very useful for P1 and i'm sure will be useful for the other courses as well, thanks a bunch for the help =) i won't stream tonight but will try to keep it up pretty regularly until i atleast know if i make the 2nd cut for AGDQ or not.

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Stark Farm - First Circuit - 1'55"93 (GP Mode) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egzPwcFA9vo - So I experimented with CPU-hits on lap 1 and 2 and got them pretty consistently. Though I rarely got such good 2 laps in a row as here, which is why it's so disapointing that lap 3, 4 and 5 were a complete mess. I tried all kinds of different approaches, but I just couldn't get a good consistent pattern for these laps. I think something like a 1'53 would be possible if I could only figure out something that resembles a decent strat for these last laps. But fuck it.

Splits: 25"66 - 23"54 - 22"83 - 22"10 - 21"80

Best splits: 25"59 - 23"2x - 22"2x maybe - 21"mid or so - 20"93 (though this was with an amazing mine pattern that I never saw in normal attempts)

EDIT: videos of my best opener and best lap: http://youtu.be/UHHr_OkzJpM http://youtu.be/wNGbqPzO9q0
BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

I saw your video last night, really nice technique on those first two bumps. Not something I ever could get consistently, but your video is a great help. P2 is the last GP WR to not use the jimmy bump, you could easily get this.

EDIT: Wait, it does use the jimmy bump lol. It *was* the last one not to use it, but that was a few years back. Damn failing memory.

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Well, I really tried (made 3 sessions in total), but I could just could not find a good strat for lap 3, 4 and 5. For example those 2 mines at lap 3 you mentioned I think I saw only twice ever. Also, the pattern that Taro gets in his video I never saw. I'm thinking maybe because he was using very different movements compared to me and was driving a bit slower because of that which made him get a better pattern later on. Anyway, I'm gonna go through all the Pawn courses so could still improve my time I suppose.

Here's my latest improvement: 

Empyrean Colony - Dash Circuit - 1'51"89 (GP Mode) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu9udXmZgeM - A pretty solid run. The opener is my best ever, but I'm still far away from the opener in the WR... was it a CPU bump involved for that? If not I guess I'm just losing most of the time at the JB and perhaps also at the dash-plates. I could see a CPU bump be possible in the middle of the track. As you see in this video, it shows up on the side and had i steered hard to the right I might have hit it. So I think it's just a matter of finding a set-up for it. Lap 2 was solid. Lap 3 I struggled a bit with the ending. Lap 4 was good and lap 5 I missed 2 important mines.

Splits: 24"96 - 21"79  21"90 - 21"45 - 21"79

Best splits: 24"96 - 21"71 - 21"68 - 21"45 - 21"42

Video of my best last-lap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXnkz1cUIVM

And during these attempts I also set a new best last-lap on P1 with a time of 19"91: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L04NPZZaFQY

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Yeah the P2 mine strat is a rare one, not something you come across often. My P3 opener was without a bump, but for sure that JB bump is doable, it appears fairly often.

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Ah, with JB I actually meant the Jimmy Bump and not the JB Crystal =)

-

Set a new PB on P4 a couple of days ago:

Stark Farm - Second Circuit - 1'55"47 (GP Mode) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZkDgTYYTc0 - Not a run I'm satisfied with by any means, but I'm glad I managed to reach 2nd place at least.

Splits: 27"53 - 24"00 - 22"11 - 21"29 - 20"54

Best splits: 26"8x - 23"2x - 21"8x - 21"low - 20"54

-

...And Improved both my P1 and P2 today:

Bianca City - Stretch Circuit - 1'47"67 (GP Mode) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjEuO3XgRR4 - Pretty solid splits. Only the opener sticks out like a...

Splits: 25"74 - 20"85 - 20"83 - 20"23 - 20"02

Best splits: 24"7x - 20"67 - 20"67 - 20"0x - 19"91

Video of my best 2nd/3rd lap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEzfasofUrM

-

Stark Farm - First Circuit - 1'55"82 (GP Mode) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCJvNt212e8 - This time my opener and 2nd lap weren't as good, but the 3 remaining were. Used my normal mine pattern and think I could still get the WR with it.

Splits: 26"04 - 23"90 - 22"66 - 21"70 - 21"52

Best splits: 25"59 - 23"1x - 22"2x - 21"mid - 20"93 (though this was with an amazing mine pattern that I never saw in normal attempts)

Index » F-Zero MV » F-Zero MV: Post your improvements Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next