Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Sep.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » F-Zero X Expansion Kit: Post your improvements Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
F-Zero X Expansion Kit: Post your improvements
Reply to this Post

i doubt many players will use this thread but there are some like me hehe :p

i'll post my recent improvement just in case people miss it

FF2: 1'23"935

i'll improve that record soon.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Re: F-Zero X Expansion Kit: Post your improvements
Reply to this Post

i improved my FF2 WR as promised.

FF2: 1'23"154 (i could have got 1'22 if my opener didn't suck. laps 2&3 were good but had some mistakes like the bad DT at the end and my DTR after the pipe was weak on all laps. i have to train more there)

PT3 and SP2 coming soon. those are my oldest times now.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

hm today i broke a record in record time. i played less than 10 minutes for this improvement and i only played for this today :p

PT3: 1'33"321 NT (i kept the same strat as before. i did better boostslides after the tilted road part and boosted a bit earlier in the refiller in lap 3. i lost a bit of time at the end because of lack of energy but i think that boosting earlier made me gain a lot more. some minor crashes still around)

vid is at the old MFO library. get it before the library expires.

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Hi read that a few weeks ago :

" it will be a boring list since all the MFO bests will be held by me (except laps or speeds Statix and philippe might have beaten but i doubt it) "

Well, looks like you' re wrong Piccolo ...

I think I have a new world record on SO3 with 1'33''747, I started to train last weekend ( I was around 1'54'000 before, never really train on it , just a few run to beat the ghost ) I use a new strat to do that with a big dtd just before the re-filler near the end of the track + one dtd on the first dash. Of cource this run could be a lot better but this one is not too bad. It's possible to go under 1'30"00, may be later.

here the link to the video : http://d.turboupload.com/d/672863/SO3_Philippe_Brodier_133747.AVI.html

Btw I' m proud to have one world record in FZX even if it' s the only and may be the last one .

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

whoa that's incredible. about time someone took one of my WRs. i might be motivated to go back now soon (after university ends of course. it's killing me :p)

SO3 wasn't that strong anyway. i settled for just 1 DTD since i was beating the old WR by a lot already. this new time looks like a good challenge to beat.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

i played some FZX today and played SO3 yesterday and today.

1'36"705 BH (i'm learning the DTD that philippe used in his run. this was the first run i actually finished. i messed up bad in lap 3 and had various mistakes in th whole run. i forgot to plug the VHS so no vid of this time. i'll record the next time i improve it.)

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

hm looks like my count is back to 11/12 :p

SO3: 1'33"098 BH (i mastered the new DTD and did it in all 3 laps. i found an easy way to do the set-up and land it quite consistently. my lap 1 could have been 0.2 better since i had an almost sub 33 opener once but boost laps were great. both sub 30 but i think i could still do a bit better since they had some mistakes. btw, i don't use the boostslide in the 1st loop since it is very risky and i wanted more energy to compensate for the landing rail scrapping)

vid will be up shortly

now, WL3 remains, as usual. i think i could take it if i do the DTZ with my right hand.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

i played some EK a bit today. got the itching to do a PR.

SP2: 1'16"433 BH (the former WR was just a little over a year old. i decided to improve this one since it was my oldest EK time. i use dthe same strat but went on better than before. some mistakes still present but the run looks a lot more cleaner now. 1'15 is the range of a quite good time with the same strat)

i'll upload the vid to youtube and here tomorrow (if i don't forget...)

Spade
Dragon Bird
Reply to this Post
PiccoloCube wrote:

SO3: 1'33"098 BH (i mastered the new DTD and did it in all 3 laps. i found an easy way to do the set-up and land it quite consistently. my lap 1 could have been usual. i think i could take it if i do the DTZ with my right hand.

New WR   SO3: 1'32"997
cant afford camera now
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

hrhr people love to beat my SO3 time. now i'm 3rd on it. i'll work on that track someday to get 1'31

anyway, new WR (well, if the other one really used a Turbo controller which would disqualify it):

WL3: 1'17"998 CC (so i finally nabbed this one. i was playing WarioWare Smooth Moves teh other day and wanted to shoot fast in the Starfox minigame but the A button is towards the left hand. i decided to reach far with the right hand to tap it really fast and it worked. after that i remembered the WL3 problem i had with slow DTD-Z and decided to attempt it using my right hand's index and middle fingers. i also remembered that somewhere someone mentioned that David Van Moer did the same to improve some of his records that required fast DT-Z. so i started to DT-Z with my right middle finger and i could get much better speeds. 2200+ on the half pipe and 1700+ after the corner. some minor mistakes include missing a zipper at the end of lap 2 and missing it again in lap 3. also, this is the first time i use a custom car to beat a PR. since my times don't count anymore at Sugi, i decided to scrap the no-customs rule they had there. i used an AAE 850kg custom car)

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Tapping Z with the right middlefinger is quite an interesting idea. Can you remember on which course DVM used it? I think I can tap Z pretty fast using my left index finger now. At least on WL1 I get 21xx quite frequently with the normal DTD-Z. Regarding your WL3 record...wasn't the old WR 1'17"xxx anyway? Now seeing you have 1'17"998, you might as well beat it now once and for all. Banning custom machines doesn't make sense to me. I mean, everybody who is able to play WL3 is also able to create a custom machine, right? Just like in GX. I would regard your time a WR if you beat that old 1'17"xxx time (even using a custom machine).

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post
the other time used turbo controller, therefore, automatically disqualified.
TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

PiccoloCube wrote:

well, if the other one really used a Turbo controller which would disqualify it...

PiccoloCube wrote:

the other time used turbo controller, therefore, automatically disqualified...

This is what I was referring to...thought you just assumed he used a TC without being 100% sure about it. But now you say he used one...so is that a sure thing or not? If yes then you already had the WR before. If not then his time is still WR...and you should be able to beat it god damn it. You both have 1'17 now.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post
i remember that the other dude mentioned TC in his comments in sugi's site when he posted his record. remember that TC is allowed there. i wasn't 100% sure because i can't read japanese.
Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

How could I miss that ? someone want to take my only world record  

Spade, is it an emu or an EK time ? Anyway I' m sorry your time wasn' t a real WR, the previous one was 1'32"859 ( it was erased from here )

I still not manage to go under 1'30"000 but I have this :

SO3 Wr

About sugi' s site, isn' t it only for Japanese players ?  Most of the times sucks a bit there, these are not  WR.

About the cars I think you can use them on the DD cups but not on regular circuit.

Turbo controllers can' t be allowed here for sure.

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

I have a new time on SO3, here is the video :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQLPcObEXu4

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

congrats!

that new ACIDTD at the beginning was nice. boosting in the first loop was good too. i didn't do that in my vids because it was very risky.

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Thank you Piccolo !

I think I already used both the ACIDTD and boosting in the first loop in the first so3 vid I made but this was not as good as in this one.

I better used the ACIDTD again in the second lap instead of missing the first dash plate    but I knew it was even more dangerous at high speed so ...

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

hmm this topic has been dead for a while...

PT3: 1'33"200 BH (definitely my worst WR. i played only like 10 minutes and broke it without much trouble. for comparison, i played DF4 for half an hour and could only come 1+ sec behind that WR. i wasn't even recording so no vid of this. once i get my DVD recorder, i'll try this track a lot harder and with a custom ship since there's no sugi restrictions anymore (although i'm still waiting for SDA to approve my WL3 vid...))

Daniel
Black Bull
Re: F-Zero X Expansion Kit: Post your improvements_ WL3
Reply to this Post

true, its the same

btw. i played WL3 today and got 1'17"963, but i made a mistake in this record,

i try to record next, if i get a better time ,

and i just can record with my cam for NTSC, because my TV capture card dont read NTSC.

so i have something to do

Index » F-Zero X » F-Zero X Expansion Kit: Post your improvements Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next