F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
X Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero X » F-Zero X Expansion Kit: Post your improvements Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
F-Zero X Expansion Kit: Post your improvements
Reply to this Post
Root Topic

i doubt many players will use this thread but there are some like me hehe :p

i'll post my recent improvement just in case people miss it

FF2: 1'23"935

i'll improve that record soon.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Re: F-Zero X Expansion Kit: Post your improvements
Reply to this Post

heh good use of the AGG to skip that part and make a new DTD later. the end of the track got you there. might want to go slower before the initial mines to do a better boostlide+railslide at the end.

seems like this is it for my records. at least they lasted for 5 years and that was nice.

WMJ
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

I've set times on the remaining 5 tracks last week. Looks like I'm now the new EK champion with a big lead Very Happy.

Mute City 4 - 1'09"861
Port Town 3 - 1'29"090
Silence 3 - 1'32"190 (Scary moment at the finish as I almost called the wrath of Mr. Chris Keegan )
Sand Ocean 3 - 1'29"989
White Land 3 - 1'15"681

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

heh you annihilated everyone on that assault. they only managed to keep a few laps and speeds.

congrats on becoming the full champion of the whole F-Zero X game. i was really looking forward to seeing the day the world champ would be the same on both the regular game and the EK (i remember encouraging Jimmy, Linner and Westu to get the EK at some point)

do you plan to sub 17? you're so close.

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Congratulations Wouter !!!

I just watch each new EK run and the others you made before, it's really impressive, great job !

You got my old SO3 WR with one finished run only  ?   I was ready to lose it since I saw Daniel's TAS, you amazed me with that jump in the first loop, I know it's very difficult to get and to land this one, your run is very good with great DTDs in the end of each lap. Well, my time was from june 2007 and I got my first WR on SO3 the year before so I think , with the two biggest FZX names Daniel and Wouter owning the 64dd and EK ( and Chris too ) it's just pretty logical  At least I still have three very weak WR, lap on SO3 and BF, speed on BF, but they're so close ! I guess they won't last long, lol !

It would be very interesting to see Daniel's response on those runs by Wouter

Piccolo, my friend, we're history !

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

yeah, we're old news. i only have 2 speeds now and that's the area where i put the least effort.

i got around watching the vids now because i was in a hurry the other day and they were very good. nice to see that the PT3 strat is much closer to mine. the refiller makes a big difference here. S3 was very clean so beating CK's time will take more effort. SO3 was interesting with that mini DTD in the loop in lap 1 but lap 2's cylinders were a bit weak. that's the problem with light ships since it is harder to slide on the pipe because of the sliding angle. WL3 becomes another no-refiller WR and the DTD at the jump plate takes some energy away but it seems to not matter much here.

WMJ
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Thanks guys Smile

UchihaSasuke wrote:

do you plan to sub 17? you're so close.

Yeah that should be no problem. I think I can still improve on all tracks without much effort. By the way, how can you easily get 2250 km/h in the half pipe on wl3? It's a struggle for me to even reach 2100 and that's also the highest speed I ever got.

philippebrodier wrote:

You got my old SO3 WR with one finished run only  ?   

Yeah only one finished run but I still played over an hour. The first mini DTD is something I always try when I unintentionally lose control over the cilinder and sometimes it works Razz.

Dave Phaneuf
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

For the WL3 Half Pipe, I'd say it happens more when you're really close to the edge. Having a really consistant streak of DT's help as well.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

that WL3 half pipe DTZ is the only DTZ in the whole game that i do using the middle finger from my right hand. i guess the speed of my right hand helps it.

CKeegan
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

I got the Lap WR of Silence 3 back from Wouter after he beat it by 1/10 of a second.

I also improved my Course WR by just under a second, so it is now down to 1'31. But the run is absolutely horrible, in Elfe's words "liquid bullshit", I definitely want to improve it again. 1'30 will be fine but 1'29 would be pretty much maxed for current strat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiwxx9AGLBk&feature=channel

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Fire Field 2 : 1'19"996 - 29"285 / 25"709 / 25"002

Speed WR : 2726 km/h with Mr Ead : )

Lap PR : 24"757

Just a few words to tell you that 6 months ago I started having big trouble with my computer to record videos so during that time when I played FZX I played time attack only on those regular tracks I didn't improve for years, eventually I got 1'22"221 on FF2 with BF but no record of it, when my old computer finally broke down ( well only the video card in fact but I made several tests before and still no good recording was possible and I had to buy a new one anyway ... still having some sort of trouble with the new cpu ?!! ) 

When I had that new cpu I was looking to beat that weak world record I got, I reach the sub of 1'20"000 but there's still ways to improve on the track, not missing the two dash after each DTD or getting more energy are good exemples to get one or two more boosts.

I have now a FZX total of around 28'00"000, I'll update my times soon. 

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

whoa that was out of nowhere. that new boostslide helps a lot, along the pipe DT. i never tried that because i always got very little extra energy and had no spare for new boostslides.

i bet wouter is going to be a little sad that his new uberstrat got beaten with an improved version of the older strat.

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Hi, 

I have a new World Record on SO3 with 1'23"465.

First time I play that track seriously since getting a new world record back in 2007, I finally lost that WR from WMJ last year but my goal was to get the closer I could to Daniel's TAS on that track, let say I made half the way to it, I think with a lot more training and patience then may be it will possible to beat it, even with the same strat I used on that video. The problem is landing on those tight cylinders is very difficult at high speed. Also I used a few more moves during my training sessions, those moves help to get better time but are too risky at the moment to use them during recording sessions so they're not in the video, may be next time ; ) 

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

nice moves. i wouldn't have pulled something like that even in my best days (i'd be laying bricks just with the lift off)

cylinder tracks look to be the ones with the biggest room for improvement (BB1 went through some massive strat changes)

RichardTaro
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Devil's Forest 5 Lap 29"098

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWICuUTDoMI

RichardTaro
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Port Town 3 1'28"496 and Lap 27"596

32"882-28"018-27"596 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3eAMnXjTxQ

Daniel
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

hey guys nice improvements there Smile

i improved my WL3 rec its 1'15 ... i can go for 1'13 or 1'14 with a vid, MC4 1'05, got the DF4 and SP2 WRs as well but without videos, your records are nice so i have a challenge to beat them maybe hehe, also my youtube account is working again now so i will upload the vids of the runs and also will try to make some FLAP WRs Wink 

"Daniel is unholy - i swear to god" - BPA
"Rade - Power Rade" - FunStyle
"Daniel is NOT human" - DeltaBlast54
"Danmode - Beating WRs months before they were set" - FunStyle
Daniel
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

well, here are the first 3 World Record runs after a time break:

WL3 1'11"843  = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyH7ObjY8kA

SP2 1'10"602 + Lap 22"603 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S68ZGSV2NX8

DF4 1'33"602 + Lap 29"306 = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmcW7cC4VL8 

next will probably be BB3, PT3, also maxspeed videos and Lap videos Wink

Philippe Brodier
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

SP2 : 1'12"311 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVui6W9JXCc

I recorded this run during tuesady night but no chance for me, I always had to wait until the weekend to share my tracks on video, when it's a world record I post the time on MFO and I provide the link just after the video is uploaded on youtube. Bad luck F-Zero X World Champ Daniel came back on thursday with a better time on the track X )

So this is my PR and never been a World record unless Dan sets his time efter tuesday ...

I finally choose to show that video I deleted 5 five minutes after being uploaded on my YT account.

Congratulations on your new WRs Dan : )

Richard, congrats too, very good job !

Edit : Daniel sets his first SP2 WR on thursday so this run was a short lived WR ( it lasted 2 days )

Daniel
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

lol sorry, and you wrote 1'22 in MFO Razz

and thx Smile

Daniel
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

new FF2 1'16"445 with a new strat on vid = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ww9aY4OvZY

btw. best time is 1'14"6, and no video of it Sad

Index » F-Zero X » F-Zero X Expansion Kit: Post your improvements Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next