Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Dec.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
SNES Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero SNES » If you make a World Record post it here Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
If you make a World Record post it here
Reply to this Post
Root Topic

post WR times you have got here.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
grbeat
Mr. EAD
Re: If you make a "World Record/MFO Best" post it
Reply to this Post

yeah, I looked for the game genie device on google, i dont remember using that, but, like you said, my others score are way higher than the first 2...something is weird in that....

thanks for your explanation!

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

MC2 flap: 30"56 (22"92)

Last corner cut was ace, strat inspired by the emulator run for MC1. Slightly late on last boost, a touch wide on the entry to the mud cut but otherwise a fine run. Photo proof coming soon Smile

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Improved MC2 flap to get the NTSC sub: 33"52 (22"89). Photo proof coming later.

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Completely smashed Wouter's SO flap: 36"02 (27"02). Gah, I really should upload these proof photos... see this post again in 45 mins or so, lol.

EDIT: imageshack aint working. bah. ill try again tomorrow.

http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=soflap3602nk3.jpg

Volkai
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Mute City I    Track time 1'56"00 Lap Time 22"92.

In 'Practice' mode with no CPU.

US release of F-Zero on SNES. No Game Genie or Action Replay involved.

No, I do not have a video - record is from years ago, back when I was still in.. .middle school? Yes, I think it was from when I was in middle school.

I can try to duplicate the feat on video if you wish, but I'm not certain I can do four perfect laps in a row again - it's been years since I played F-Zero much.

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

hello troll.

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Or, to further expand upon Yazzo's statement in the case you're not a troll, 1'56 for MC1 is highly unlikely. The fastest time currently set using a slowed down, save-stated emulator is 1'58"18 (maybe "19, can't remember the exact time at the mo); we've had cases in the past of people claiming too-fast MC1 times where they simply couldn't remember how they set their time, and most likely they did it with the aid of an action replay or various other aids -- even with photo proof, it was pretty obvious that this was the case. You said no AR or GG was involved, but I'm positive that something happened either with them or perhaps with a jogged cartridge.

Give the track another run-out and you should notice instantly it'd be difficult to even sub 1'59 without the use of a CPU. Not to rain on your parade or anything, we welcome new members with open arms Smile please double check your time...

JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

ofcourse we won't take blood test on you, to see if you doped yourself, cause that's pretty useless as it was many years ago and all the used drugs is proberly out the system ;)

If you get 1'57 with cpu I'll believe. 

Old and tired... ;p
Volkai
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post
BPA wrote:

Or, to further expand upon Yazzo's statement in the case you're not a troll, 1'56 for MC1 is highly unlikely. The fastest time currently set using a slowed down, save-stated emulator is 1'58"18 (maybe "19, can't remember the exact time at the mo); we've had cases in the past of people claiming too-fast MC1 times where they simply couldn't remember how they set their time, and most likely they did it with the aid of an action replay or various other aids -- even with photo proof, it was pretty obvious that this was the case. You said no AR or GG was involved, but I'm positive that something happened either with them or perhaps with a jogged cartridge.

Give the track another run-out and you should notice instantly it'd be difficult to even sub 1'59 without the use of a CPU. Not to rain on your parade or anything, we welcome new members with open arms :) please double check your time...

Nope, I'm no troll. I don't know what you mean by 'a jogged cartridge', either. If I recall rightly, I managed to achieve it by angling to not-quite brush every corner, and managed to not touch any of them, on any lap. Once.

I was giving it another run this morning and the best I can hit is 2'03" or so, but I've been out of practice for years - and I think my controller's staritng to die, as I can't get the fine control on turns I used to (though it's no surprise with 15-year-old tech).

I'll try to get F-Zero on the local gaming center's Wii and see if I can replicate it there. They have a video camera there, as well, so there can be proof it's legit.

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

you think you can beat this?:

and now for something hilarious: "and managed to not touch any of them, on any lap. Once."

Volkai
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

[quote=Yazzo]you think you can beat this?:

<Video cut>

and now for something hilarious: "and managed to not touch any of them, on any lap. Once."[/quote]

Well sure. Not at the drop of a hat, but sure.  Your best lap time is 23"21 - but you didn't make that for each lap after the first - even you could improve on your record (if only by 0'00"12). Plus you didn't take the jump at all, and that could've helped to improve your time.

And I don't really see what's so hilarious about that . You brushed up against the walls once or twice in your run.

JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

in general jumping should be slower, unless you can take a shortcut, and you can't on MC, unless you discovered another way. and even so, I doubt it would improve your laps by average... lets see, 0.40 makes it 2 seconds total? unless you provide something, we can't take you seriusly, we don't do this to make fun of you, but you can't simply say you got a time and then not provide proof.

And what yazzo tried to explain was,  you can nearly not beat that record, is it faust vid? I feel something fishy about some of his videos, but that's not the point, the point is, there's no way to beat the record by 2 second, not even with a slightly new strat, like taking inner mud cut would maybe lower it by 0"04, making perfect laps for that strat, would maybe cut it down 0"04 or something from his best 1 boost lap.

Unless you had a extremly different strat, with a shortcut from the jump, you can't have done it. If you've gotten 1,56 really, you shouldn't have a problem beating the wr within a couple a hours.

Old and tired... ;p
Volkai
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Oh yeah, my F-Zero skills haven't diminished from lack of use at all in the past 10-12 years. Not one bit. /sarcasm.

I didn't know there were F-Zero world records until maybe yesterday, and pulled my stuff out last night. It's going to take some time to get back into the swing of things.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

guys, you're letting the enemy play with you. he's a top-grade bullshit maker. that post is the typical "i set this impossible time years ago and i forgot how" and i've seen many of these already.

let's keep it simple. no vid = bullshit.

JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

ofcourse, I don't usually put people in catagories, but ntsc are often the smart bullshit pullersl, Pal is the stupid spain/french that you hardly understand[laughing to myself, just remember awesome french youtube clip that shows great potential, "La moon" or something :D...

Old and tired... ;p
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

it's sad that most cheaters/fakers are from ntsc lands.

in mkw, the majority of cheaters are from america. makes it very annoying to try to get the WR ghosts.

Volkai
Mr. EAD
Reply to this Post

Okay, you know what? Screw this bullshit. I loved F-Zero when I was younger, and it reignited my passion for the game when I saw that there's still an active group keeping top records for it - and moreso when I saw I had a time that topped the current record. So I register, and post my time... and get called a troll and a cheater and a faker. I didn't come here for that BS.

I certainly hope this isn't how you treat most of your new members, because if you do chances are most of them don't stick around for long - I know i'm not.

And one last question for you guys to think about - "the enemy"? Why the hell would I be an enemy? Who would oppose maintaining records for the best times for a seventeen year old game?Jeez, THINK before you throw out words like that!

P.S. You might want to consider changing your submission rules from "MFO reserves the right to request proof" to "MFO requires proof" - tha tway other used-to-be-good players won't have to deal the BS I did.

JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

MFO are the people registered to it, We don't require proof for every single track, for example me, I can't provide video proof anymore, or it takes up alot of time cause I have to record, re-code, and hope that it doesn't get bad. So for some of my wrs for GX I haven't submitted proof, but I'm a top player in that game.

Secondly, We don't give you bullshit, What our panama friend explained was that major cheaters are from NTSC countries, sadly that's true, but that doesn't mean you cheat.But also, if you take this as bullshit, realise, 99% of the cheat times on F-zero, is for MC1, every single time, fake.

Third: This game has been competive for so long, so beating a wr with 2sec is out of the question, even FF and DW2 that's hard and doubteble. With a perfect line, you wouldn't even sub 1'58, So this would mean you had to take a shortcut, but as the jump doesn't reach somewhere, it means it's impossible.

We welcome players with happy faces, but greeting a player like you that obvius have cheaten, would make us look bad. 

If you haven't cheaten, the game is broken somehow, if so, I'm sorry ;p

Old and tired... ;p
JkLoser
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

This might seem a bit fake as there been fake talk about MC1 here, but this is true

Tie MFO[World?] Best: MC1 flap: 29"96

Still not as good as it should be =)

Old and tired... ;p
Randal
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

Just lol at some of these posts, clearly Volkai you are unsure of what time you got in the past and if you are going to come on forums and say you got a 1'56"xx but can't provide proof and expect people to believe you then you clearly need to wake up.

Index » F-Zero SNES » If you make a World Record post it here Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next