F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
MV Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero MV » If you make a World Record post it here Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
If you make a World Record post it here
Reply to this Post
Root Topic

post any MV WR you get here.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
BPA
Staff Ghost
Re: If you make a "World Record/MFO Best" post it
Reply to this Post

Well I'm sorta just picking at tracks and wind up doing ok. I'm going for K1, then P4 grand prix.

"Lucifer! Punish your enemies, oh lord of the night, destroy them all!"
BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

K1: 1'48"88 training mode

Really happy with this time, going from 1'49"77 to this time in a day. Mostly down to new strat. Finally moving on to P4 grand prix now, a best split opener of which I've just uploaded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6lhLebnsOQ

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

P1: 1'49"20 TR mode

Made a video, but I'm tired and my internet is slow so I'll upload it tomorrow.

EDIT:

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

P4: 1'53"76

This can go down more, evidently. Besides lap 5 (goat) every lap had something wrong with it.

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

P3: 1'51"76 TT

Happy with this run. The wallhit for the opener on this course makes it harder to judge how well it will go, so I can't complain too loudly about it being substantially worse than my old TT WR's opener, but it can go down much further for sure. The next three laps are great. Lap 5 I was indecisive on the BERD to turn 1. Hard to tell if sticking with it would have made the corner or not, but 21"70 isn't too shabby.

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

P3: 20"70

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Q3: 1'35"48

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Very nice stuff Ben! Btw, how come you don't use normal game audio? Honestly I would prefer if that was used, especially for World Record videos.

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Simply because I can't get the audio cable to work. I've tried all kinds of settings and set-ups and it doesn't want to work with this laptop. I have another laptop that's dead at the moment (battery + doesn't read AC charger) that is newer and was closer to working with the audio cable; I start a new job tomorrow so when I get paid I'll fix the other laptop (or buy a new one, depending which is cheaper) and try get the audio working from that (when that's done as well, I can start streaming my attempts -- I could try that this weekend with this laptop, but it could go horribly wrong lol). I would prefer the in-game audio as well but the video is what is most important,  and we at least have that.

Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

Nice records! Do you plan on setting new times for every course?

Also good to see more MV WR videos, hopefully with the new rule it'll stay that way.

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Eventually yes, I will attempt every track. I probably won't be able to WR on every track, but if I can get close then that would suffice.

Peutos
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

I'm very curious to see your times on K3 course and Q2 flap...

Peutos
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

B1 FLAP: 17"03

a really god flap, i also tried to use a bump by ww in the beginning of the flap, but best time is only 17"16...

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

I have a feeling you wanted to write "good flap" but god flap also works. Wink

Ettore I know you've been under the wrong impression regarding the new ruleset. You thought records that don't have a video can still be beaten without one. That was indeed my first suggestion but in the end we decided on a more strict set of rules that will demand video proof for all World Records set after 31st March 2013. I know you didn't purposefully set this time without a video but this will have to stop now. I'm willing to accept this time since I know it wasn't all your fault. You might have misunderstood me in one of our chats and just didn't catch up on the new rules being in effect. Hopefully no drama around this since there isn't much going on anyway.

Final warning Ettore Razz

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Cloud Carpet - Long Jump Circuit - 1'49"34 (Grand Prix WR) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI62JYgxj30 - Not sure if this is the GP WR or not? If it is though, it's a pretty improveable one. Based on the mine pattern I got pretty consistently I'd say 1'47 isn't that unrealistic. But I'm sure as hell not going for it.

Splits: 24"45 - 21"22 - 21"54 - 20"59 - 21"54

Best splits: 24"27 - 21"0x - 21"0x - 20"59 - 20"6x

Video of my best opener: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtXrnQUvw-U

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Been playing through Knight Cup and got some new World Records:

Tenth Zone East - Snake Circuit - 1'45"13 (Overall/Grand Prix WR) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSx2OzxkCqM - I'm rather satisfied with this time. My goal was to get under 1'45 which is definitely possible with this strat, but I kinda choked on lap 4 and lap 5 by not driving them fast enough. Still, it's a solid time and I'm happy with it. Set: 2013-10-04.

Splits: 23"84 - 21"34 - 20"90 - 19"51 - 19"54

Best Splits: 23"56 - 21"14 - 20"73 - 19"19 - 19"11

Twitch highlight

-

Beacon Port - Crossroad Circuit - 2'01"52 (Grand Prix WR) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbH28zxCHhw - Initially I had a 2'01"9x time, but I wasn't very satisfied with that. So I went back and got what I think is a decent time. The goal was to get all boost-laps under 24 seconds. Lap 2 and 3 aren't really good, but lap 4 and lap 5 are considering the awful traffic. Set: 2013-10-04.

Splits: 25"99 - 23"83 - 23"92 - 23"92 - 23"86

Best splits: 25"79 - 23"63 - 23"63 - 23"63 - 23"60

Twitch highlight

-

Synobazz - Explosive Circuit - 2'10"78 (Overall/Grand Prix WR)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1OpG_m2BR0 - I had a 2'10"83 time before I set this (while going for the later courses), and in that run, my opener and 2nd lap were much better (28"14 and 26"11. The opener had better Jimmy Bumps, and in the 2nd lap I got a good CPU bump. You can watch that run here). Put those 2 runs together and you have a time well under 2'10. But I'm not gonna go for it anytime soon. Set: 2013-10-01.

Splits: 28"43 - 26"91 - 25"39 - 25"08 - 24"97 

Best splits: 28"01 - 26"11 - 25"2x - 24"83 - 24"97

Twitch highlight

-

Ancient Mesa - Split Circuit - 1'40"63 (Grand Prix WR) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Aqf3c2db94 - The opener and last lap weren't good, but I've never been a big fan of this track so I decided to stop when I got this. Under 1'40 should be doable. Set: 2013-10-01.

Splits: 22"60 - 19"44 - 19"42 - 19"34 - 19"83

Best Splits: 22"39 - 19"4x - 19"4x - 19"34 - 19"4x

Twitch highlight

-

Stark Farm - Third Circuit - 1'38"32 (Grand Prix WR) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPl8MmN0B1E - I believe I could get the overall WR in Grand Prix as well. My opener in this run was horrible. I found a consistent CPU-bump in the start that gave me up to 580 km/h in speed. But I chose to not play this track for very long (one session only) and never got a very good opener. But I think it could go down to maybe under 22 seconds. Set: 2013-10-02.

Splits: 23"10 - 18"78 - 19"15 - 18"80 - 18"49

Best splits: 22"47 - 18"7x - 18"7x - 18"7x - 18"44

Twitch highlight

-

Will do Bishop Cup next.

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

K1: 1'44"96

23"60 - 21"35 - 20"92 - 19"39 - 19"70

Will upload video in about an hour or two.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KFNIlOfXzQ

Now uploading a 23"31 opener and 18"91 1-boost lap.

EDIT:

http://youtu.be/HHET0CzcfQg

http://youtu.be/df0W4IXuSio

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Single Segment Speedrun 43:30: http://www.twitch.tv/frostbeule/c/3593408

A pretty rough run with ups and downs, but satisfied for now until BPA beats it back.

I've discovered though that playing on the Game Boy Player gives some lag which makes it a bit harder to time hitting the mines and avoiding the traffic. So if this competition continues I'd probably have to get a DS with a capture card installed to keep up.

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

PF - 1'47"69

24"37 - 20"91 - 21"07 - 21"02 - 20"32

Never thought I would hold this WR some day and it wasn't even hard. The new jumping technique takes a little getting used to but once the muscle memory kicks in you can have some consistent races. The interesting part about this track now is that you better not go too fast or you won't be able to get the crucial WW bump. My run isn't that impressive looking but the speed is just right as you will see by the end of lap 4. I get a perfect bump (above 640 even) and then didn't fuck up.

This time was also set on BPA's cart, you will notice the best time being the former WR. Also fuck the DS, made for some really uncomfortable playing. I would do much better on the GBA SP but luckily it wasn't needed here.

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Q1 - 1'21"90 (Rival: Fighting Comet)

18"44 - 16"01 - 15"96 - 16"11 - 15"38

Not that pleased with this but a new WR nonetheless. The first 3 laps combined should've been around 0"30 faster whilst the last 2 laps are my personal bests! After lap 3 I really didn't think this run could lead to anything but I kept finishing races anyway to practice lap 4 and lap 5 and then it just happened. In general I'm not the most talented player on Q1 so I need to thank my JDT strat for this. BPA's former records still stand very strong.

Index » F-Zero MV » If you make a World Record post it here Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next