F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
MV Rules Resources Videos Ladder Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero MV » If you make a World Record post it here Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
If you make a World Record post it here
Reply to this Post
Root Topic

post any MV WR you get here.

"Patience is useful in any moment"
Peutos
Fire Stingray
Re: If you make a "World Record/MFO Best" post it
Reply to this Post

It is awesome Tim!!! Is fantastic that someone still play to F-zero MV... Maybe some new improvements by me as soon Smile Smile

RichardTaro
Staff Ghost
Re: If you make a World Record post it here
Reply to this Post

Tenth Zone East - Plummet Circuit 1'56"68 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UcbBccmGIE

27"85-23"52-23"09-21"34-20"88

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Awesome record Richard, really unexpected.

I couldn't quite get Q1 out of my mind yet so I practiced some more, particularly the opener.

Q1 - 1'21"66

18"33 - 15"85 - 15"94 - 16"11 - 15"43

Overall a really good race, very happy with this. The highlight would be the 2nd lap while lap 4 is the only average lap, rest was good.

Here are some best split stats from the top 3 players on this course:

TBK 18"21 15"81 15"76 16"09 15"34 1'21"21
BPA 18"27 16"02 15"73 15"99 15"52 1'21"53
Yazzo 18"15 16"07 15"95 16"03 15"65 1'21"85
Combined 18"15 15"81 15"73 15"99 15"34 1'21"02

We almost reached sub 1'21"00 together.

Mandalore
Jet Vermilion
Reply to this Post

Awesome records Richard and Tim! Those are courses I thought had really strong records before.

Interested to see a Q1 fast lap with that JDT. (If it hasn't been done already?)

Peutos
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post

http://wrvids.com/F-Zero_series/F-Zero%20MV/q1_demo.avi

Here the video of Q1 flap

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Yeah I already had made a video like that, thanks Ettore. I could've tried to record a new lap on Ben's cart but that would actually overwrite his time, so didn't even try. This WR is pretty strong anyway, only way I'd go for that ever again would be on Wii U with savestates. That was it for my mini comeback also, just wanted to get these 2 records with the new strats.

Also my latest times are available in high quality now on youtube thanks to CGN, links are updated!

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Some new flap records:

B3 - 17"22

This can go sub 17"20. It looked good enough to me though.

P1 - 19"28

I pretty much knew I would have to settle for a tie here. I was lucky enough to even manage that.

K2 - 23"14

The best of the bunch. That first corner was perfect, you don't often get it like this. Good speed preservation throughout the lap, tight driving, simply nailed this one.

Q3 - 17"95

The first corner is kind of wide, but the JDT + the super tight corner after made up for it. This one could be grinded down to 17"8x but the JDT part is still incredibly difficult.

Q4 - 19"79

Slightly altered my strat here. There is a mine to be hit right before the hairpin that throws you perfectly past it. This is also a very good time despite the minor speed loss in the very end of the lap.

These were all set on the Nintendo Wii U using the ever so awesome Wii U Gamepad. That thing was really brutal to play with after a while. I haven't played in a few days now and I can still feel the aftermath in my left thumb. What I'm really pissed about though are my recordings. I get all the right equipment and then fuck up like this. Basically I should've recorded in 720p, which I didn't think was necessary for this game. But by recording in 480p in 16:9 the recordings were doomed in a way they can hardly be reversed to the original GBA format. CGN did his best here to save my videos so thanks to him for putting up with my shit. They look quite good in youtube's 720p mode so enjoy.

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

And some more:

K4 - 18"36

This is one of the most complicated flaps in the game due to the invisible forces of the ice. The jump in particular ended most of my runs. I found a new way of taking it with a double tap, only managed to get it two times (2nd time was in this record). I might call this an ideal jump, I even touch the electricity upon landing. I don't think you can land much further than this though the rest of the lap can be improved, especially the beginning. I'd say 18"2x is possible but not worth going for.

BF - 16"93

Right before I went for some serious attempts here I got 16"89 in a warm-up attempt that I didn't record. Fucking facepalm. I wasn't able to replicate it but this is good enough.

K1 - 18"23

JV took back the throne on this one, up yours Wind Walker. 18"1x is possible here.

The Lap WR total is way below 6"30"00 now which was my goal. I guess you could call this a group effort, I just gave it the final touch. BPA has some really amazing WW laps and Ettore's two laps are also quite strong, especially champ. If I were to go sub 6'30"00 myself I'd have to beat those records which is really difficult.

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

And finally...

QF - 16"44

I guess in my head I still wasn't quite finished with laps since that lap total sub was still to be taken. I really didn't feel like going for any WW laps so I was thinking of what else I could do... then remembered the QF shortcut. I had successfully managed to pull that one off on emulator without any cheats, unlike the jumps on PF and Q2 (which failed anyway). So I knew in theory this was actually possible on console and with the Wii U allowing me to have infinite attempts I was set to go. At first it took me several hours to find a good mine pattern. We still don't have a good idea of how the traffic works in this game so my method was pretty much trial and error. This pattern I found was pretty amazing. I didn't have to go out of my way for the first 2 mines which is just golden if you can make a mine appear that way at the jump plate. The 3rd mine could appear at 3 spots:

1st spot was too far away from the jump plate (got that maybe 30% of the time)
2nd spot was a bit closer, despite the still long distance to the jump plate, stingray could easily make it because of how the jump was set up (got that one maybe 60% of the time)
3rd spot was even closer, this is the mine from the video! you are really close to the jump plate and still have a lot of speed when jumping off, but the jump is more difficult to set up, stingray isn't sideways enough (got that one maybe 10% of the time)

In my run you can see me anticipating the 2nd spot, then realized it's gonna be the 3rd. Both of them were equally good, actually prefered the 2nd one (I have a 16"52 video (old WR) with that). This shortcut will almost always end up in a crash landing on the rail which takes away some time, landing it normally is possible but very difficult. After that I had wanted to hit at least one more mine. There were different places where they appeared, the best one can be seen in the video. Overall this was a pretty good lap and I'm certainly not going to try to improve this. It could take days to find an even better pattern here.

This is the first time The Stingray could take a WR since 2001! I'm also the only person now who has records with 3 different machines. Also subbed 6'30"00!

Kaynce
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
wow... all these new times and records from everyone... god damn. Tim... 6 away from all 21 flaps good shit
Are you watching closely?
TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Thanks Kev! Here are the Wind Walker laps I submitted some days ago:

PF - 19"22

This didn't take too long. I turn almost 180° during the jump, not sure if it matters but it gave pretty decent results.

P2 - 19"52

I hate this course so much. Feels all the better to have NAILED this one. BPA's video helped me figuring out how to optimally do the ending so thanks to him!

K3 - 22"20

This one isn't up to my usual standards but still quite good. 22"1x is definitely possible but needs a more flawless run.

I also took down another JV lap:

B1 - 16"94

This one looks tight all around, very happy with it. I used Yazzo's strat for the ending, helped a lot!

This was the last batch of laps! I'm not really interested in P3 and CH right now. I imagine those to be quite hard to beat as well and I don't feel like grinding any more laps at this time. 6'28 total time is something I never thought could be done and I'm already satisfied enough with that.

Also yet another thanks to CGN for encoding my videos!

Peutos
Fire Stingray
Reply to this Post
TBK wrote:

This was the last batch of laps! I'm not really interested in P3 and CH right now.

hmmmm maybe i've to improve my flap on championship Smile

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

Q3 - 1'34"95

21"03 - 18"46 - 18"49 - 18"46 - 18"51

Great opener, good boost laps.

I've already thought about going for this record with the JDT last year, but deemed it too hard. Now some weeks ago I've decided to finally take on this challenge. Putting this run together was definitely no easy task. I got better and better over the last weeks but this strat won't let you finish many runs, let alone ones where you're on pace for a good time. The hardest part about this strat is the corner right after the JDT. It requires some very precise inputs which even after a few weeks of playing were still easy to miss. This run is far from optimized, it's basically a demonstration that 1'34 is possible. I'm not sure if I'm going to improve it myself but I'd rather see BPA or someone else try it. The best splits almost go down to a 1'33 (1'34"06 to be exact) so there is a lot of room for improvement. Most of the time compared to my run can be gained by taking that said corner more tightly.

I've also submitted 2 more times from last year so I'm ahead of Ben by 1 SRPR point now. I think I'm done with this game? I've definitely noticed that my age is showing, high level gameplay becomes more and more difficult over the years. I can't think of another interesting challenge so this might've been the last one.

uhd
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

Did I just see the Wind Walker FLYING BACKWARDS over Cloud Carpet?

F-zero MV World Champion
1863-2217
Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

I agree.

TBK
Janitor
Reply to this Post

B3 - 1'28"10

18"05 - 17"57 - 17"51 - 17"51 - 17"46

Best splits: 17"96 - 17"45 - 17"45 - 17"45 - 17"42 = 1'27"73

I started playing this course for fun recently and immediately noticed that I actually have another shot at the WR here. This was done in another long session where by the end of the run you half forgot what your splits were, which kinda helps. I still knew this was a good run as I almost lost my concentration in lap 5 around the first corner. Ben's record was quite intimidating (insane 17"97 opener in his run) and I almost gave up to be honest. There were always those thoughts in my head: If I get opener xx.xx, I'll need xx.xx kind of laps to have a shot and my calculations were always centered right around Ben's time because going much faster than him didn't feel like a realistic outcome. Having him beat by almost a whole tenth really came as a surprise to me. Now you could bring up the possibilty of a 1'27"9x. Let's break it down: For such a time you can set yourself the following set of laps that you'll roughly have to get: 18"00 - 17"50 - 17"50 - 17"50 - 17"50 = 1'28"00. You can see that for a sub 1'28 you'll need that + some laps that even go below the "00 and "50's. I've managed a few 17"4x laps sure, also the opener sometimes goes below 18"00 but having to combine that in one run would need some seriously good consistency. Simply put, this is not for me. Smile I do think Ben can take this back, but this time not after 2 days as I still have the DS. Kappa

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

P2: 1'55"32
Q1: 1'21"54

Going to put videos for both up on my google docs tomorrow morning. P2 was set on the 23rd but I've only had time to mention it now. The Q1 video malfunctioned for some reason, around lap 5 it briefly pauses and the sound loses sync. I hope to have improvements to both times (and thus new videos) soon.

"Lucifer! Punish your enemies, oh lord of the night, destroy them all!"
BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Q1: 1'21"19

Splits: 18"01 - 15"72 - 15"87 - 15"99 - 15"60

Video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8mtTbSyfpTzUy1PaFhXdWxfOHM/view?usp=sharing (note that this is an unedited dump of a whole session, but thankfully it was a short one - skip forward 30 seconds to see the run)

Alright run with a new GP strat I developed over the last fortnight. The combination of a new mine strat (designed to extract the most speed out of the opening laps, before the CPU mines start appearing) and the JDTs meant that a slim number of predictable mine and CPU patterns emerged, and thankfully they were mostly beneficial. The generated mine on lap 3 always appears in that approximate position, so you can prepare for it; there's a faster strat where another mine appears where the yellow CPU does on the back straight, but this only shows up 5-10% of the time. Driving for the CPU-generated mines after the mud on lap 4 is the best course of action, as sometimes it can be barren on lap 5, hence why I saved a normal mine to use there. Last corner of lap 4 has a fairly consistent strat of the yellow and green CPU diverging; this can be seen on other tracks as a sign of a generated mine and it's the case here. It appeared a little later than I would have liked but it still worked out fine. With the extra mine on lap 3, a better opener, and no CPU hit on lap 4, this could easily go sub 1'21.

Yazzo
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

Great time! May I ask though why you don't upload your videos to Youtube anymore and in edited form?

BPA
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

No you may not! Wink

It's because my laptop is too slow and weak to perform any kind of editing. I've tried editing files on my housemate's mac using a piece of software called Handbrake but YT uploads still end up looking bad, so for the time being I'm leaving files unedited for anyone to download or view from my google docs. I'll switch to recording files as Lagarith for the immediate future and see if that makes a difference.

Index » F-Zero MV » If you make a World Record post it here Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next