Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Aug.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
Climax Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero Climax » More story translations Goto page 1, 2  Next
Heian
Blue Falcon
More story translations
Reply to this Post

Long time no talk, everybody, and nice to see that MFO is still going! I had been on hiatus from F-Zero for a while, but then Guy Perfect mentioned a translation project, so I've been sucked back in! I'm going to post more translations of the story mode so that we can put them in a translated game. Chapters 1-10 are already on here, so I'll start with Chapter 11:

Chapter 11: The Boy From Planet Hell

Ryu and friends head off to the planet Hell to participate in a charity event for children. Jack and Ryu stand in front of their machines to take pictures with the kids and sign autographs, and one boy, under Zoda's orders, attempts to steal Ryu's Dragon Bird.

This boy's name is Clank. A computer hacker, he sneaks into the Dragon Bird, starts the machine up, and drives away in it.

Falcon appears mysteriously and recovers the machine from Clank. He tells Clank to "go to Mute City and find something" before leaving with the machine.

The next day is the day of the race. Watching Falcon break away from the pack to win the competition, Clank decides to go to Mute City. He sneaks on to the Dragon Bird again, this time to ride with Ryu on his return trip.

Clank arrives in Mute City and begins living and working at the Falcon House.

Chapter 12: Black Shadow Laughs

Zoda's lead is abruptly taken away by supposed ally Miss Killer. His machine breaks down, leaving him upset.

The next race is the "Christmas Cup", taking place at shooting-star-barraged Outer Space: Meteor Stream. Miss Killer wants to present a victory to Black Shadow; Zoda is mysteriously absent. Ryu and friends also cautiously enter the race. And as it turns out, a very unpleasant Christmas present has been prepared for them -- Ryu, Captain Falcon, and Miss Killer are dead even as a meteor suddenly bombards the track! Someone -- Zoda -- has deactivated the barrier above the track.

Zoda ignored even the danger to his ally Miss Killer in his efforts to attack Ryu and Falcon. But then the Black Bull appeared in the race! The enemy-scattering vehicle protects Miss Killer this time and explodes... but the driver is in fact not Black Shadow, but a a decoy robot. Ryu and friends gape in astonishment as the real Black Bull whooshes past them, cackling as he takes Miss Killer with him.

Chapter 13: Honor

Antonio Guster is fed up with the lax discipline of space pirate Samurai Goroh.

Guster wants to use explosives, but Goroh refuses to permit it, ordering the troublesome Guster off the ship. Zoda sees this and takes the opportunity to invite Antonio to betray Goroh and join the evil organization Dark Million. Goroh's minions warn their boss that Guster may turn on him, but Goroh is adamant in his trust for his subordinate.

When the race begins, Ryu and Goroh are in the lead, and Guster is indeed betraying Goroh: he's added land mines to the course! Goroh doesn't get trapped in the explosions, however, slowly leading his machine through the smoke.

Goroh brandishes his sword at the traitorous Guster, but lets him escape without swinging the weapon. Guster laughs at Goroh's weakness. Ryu, watching this, is relieved as he realizes that Goroh hasn't done anything immoral.

BPA
Staff Ghost
Re: More story translations
Reply to this Post
Nice to see you around here again Heian! Nice translations ^^
Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

Thanks for the kudos, BPA! Now let me reward you (and all) with... three more installments!

Chapter 14: Iron Man Neelsen

Jack is upset over not being able to defeat Ryu in a race, and he meets with the "ironman" Silver Neelsen, still going strong at the age of 97. Neelsen tells him, "I know why you can't win those races!" and takes him on for special training.

Seventy years ago, Neelsen had a rival that he just couldn't beat, named Anthony. And on the day when they were to duel, Neelsen chickened out and didn't show up for the race. Now, 70 years later, Neelsen meets Anthony again. He had figured Anthony was already dead, but in fact Anthony had been in "cold sleep" and was just the same as years ago. Neelsen challenges him to a race to fulfill the promise made 70 years ago. Jack, learning from Neelsen about why he couldn't win, also joins the race.

The rivals begin their battle, and at the end, Ryu, Jack, Neelsen, and Anthony are neck-and-neck for the lead. Jack pulls ahead to win, Ryu finishes second, and Neelsen and Anthony tie for third. Ryu shouts congratulations at Jack, who embarrassedly thanks his rival, saying, "I won it because you were here!"

Chapter 15: Pico the Sniper

With police checks becoming strict, Zoda is unable to ship his stolen goods from Mute City. He calls on the hitman Pico to eliminate Galactic Police chief John Tanaka.

Tanaka, having no idea that he's been targeted, is on his way to a dinner show starring his favorite singer, Kate Alen. This is where Pico attacks him.

John Tanaka manages to escape from Pico, but Jody Summer finds out that his life was in danger, and places him in a Galactic Police building for his safety. John, wanting to see Kate's show, distracts the guards and escapes.

On the large passenger ship where the show is taking place, however, Zoda is attempting to steal valuable goods from the ship's holds. John is unaware of this and is simply looking forward to the show, but Zoda thinks that John's presence on the ship means that his plan has been discovered.

Zoda takes John to the hold in order to dispose of him. Here he is spotted by Ryu andhis friends, who are on board looking for Tanaka.

Ryu and comrades rescue Tanaka and recover the stolen goods. "What were you doing on this ship, Chief?" asks Ryu, and Tanaka can only mumble an excuse.

Chapter 16: Leave It To Super Arrow!

Miss Killer approaches Super Arrow, self-styled defender of justice, in order to make use of him. The naive Super Arrow is completely taken in by her lies, pledging to help her win her race. Ryu sees this and warns Super Arrow that Miss Killer is in fact an agent of Dark Million, but Super Arrow refuses to listen.

Training Miss Killer for victory, Super Arrow teaches her the "sandwich burst" technique. He also gets Ryu to help her.

Race day: Miss Killer uses the "sandwich burst" technique to put her Moon Shadow in first place. But then Mrs. Arros, Super Arrow's wife, uses the same move to put Ryu's car in Miss Killer's position. They prevent Miss Killer from winning.

Later, Super Arrow looks into the sunset and laughs, still having no idea that he's been duped!

RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
Well done Heian Smile

Now I better update the graphics I have edited as well. 
Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
More story!

Chapter 17: Ryu's Excellent Day Off

Having repeatedly endured togh races, the Dragon Bird has sustained serious
damage.  Ryu decides to take some time off while maintenance is performed
on the car.

At a scrap yard, Ryu finds his own car that he drove 150 years ago, and
decides to spend his vacation repairing it with Clank.  They finish the
repairs and go for a drive around Mute City.  But then Ryu's car gets a
flat tire, thanks to Octoman.

They go to a parts shop to get a new tire, and the saleswoman recommends
installing a camera to prevent theft, so they add that to the car.

The saleswoman, however, was in fact... Miss Killer!

She was planning to use the anti-theft camera to spy on them and steal
Ryu's driving techniques.

Ryu finds Octoman and chases him in his beloved 150-year-old car.  Ryu and
Clank realize that Miss Killer is spying on their car chase.  Clank figures
out where the images are being sent, and when they go there, Miss Killer is
waiting for them with a smile.

"I've got all the data I need," she says, and leaves.

And thus Ryu's day off ended without any chance to relax!

Chapter 18: Clank's Adventure

A space freighter that sank on the Sand Ocean planet a year ago has been
discovered, and a team of accident investigators sent to look into it has
disappeared.  Jody Summer heads for Sand Ocean alone.

Jody arrives at the crash site only to find Clank, who's supposed to be at
the Falcon House.  As soon as ske asks what Clank is doing there, the
nefarious Zoda appears.  Before getting an answer, Jody pulls Clank to
safety.

What Zoda is after is a computer virus in Clank's possession.  A year ago,
Zoda had ordered a computer virus from the hacker Clank, and Clank sent it
on the space freighter.  It never reached Zoda because of the accident.

Clank wants to wash himself of those evil deeds and had come to Sand Ocean
to recover the virus and keep it away from Zoda. And now Zoda was after
both Jody and Clank.

Ryu is also surprised to see Clank here.  He, Jody, and Clank look at each
other and laugh.

Chapter 19: Lucy and the Gomar-Shioh Gambit

Lucy is on a diet and has taken up jogging.  While on a jog, Gomar and
Shioh call out to her.  They talk her into buying some diet products, but
it turns out to be a scam.

Lucy realizes that Gomar and Shioh have tricked her and goes to confront
them.  Gomar and Shioh apologize and admit to her that their dream is to
get an F-ZERO machine and enter it in a race.

Listening to their tale, Lucy forgets about how they tried to trick her,
and works with them to fix their machine.  Finally the repairs are
complete.

But in fact, their dream is to win a race and then get Black Shadow to take
them on as underlings.

Lucy, not knowing this, cheers for them on the day of the race.  But
victory does not come so easily, with Jack and Ryu overtaking Goman and
Shioh's machine.

Gomar and Shioh's crime is discovered by the police, and as they're taken
away, Lucy says, "Don't give up on your dream!"

"Thanks, Lucy!" say Gomar and Shioh, with tears in their eyes.

Chapter 20: Mrs. Arrow Disappears

Mrs, Arrow suddenly disappears.  Super Arrow, worried about her and looking
all over, receives a transmission: "Darling, help me!"

It seems that Mrs. Arrow is in some kind of trouble.  Super Arrow asks Ryu
for help and heads for the snowy mountain where Mrs. Arrow is.

But on the mountain, they find Zoda!  Zoda was on the mountain looking for
a treasure he had lost, and when he saw Mrs. Arrow, he attacked her and
threw her into a crevasse.

In fact, this crevasse was the location of the treasure that Zoda was
looking for.

Ryu and Super Arrow fight with Zoda.  Zoda runs away and Ryu and Zoda pull
Mrs. Arrow from the crevasse.  And Super Arrow, who until then had never
liked cold weather, realizes that he no longer minds it.

Chapter 21: An Intense Women's Battle!

Once a year, an F-ZERO race is held for women only.  The winner is crowned
"Miss Galactic Federation".

The pilots and staff are all female, with no men allowed.  But
mysteriously, female pilots like Kate Alen, Lisa Brilliant, and Mrs. Arrow
have disappeared.  Dr. Stewart, Clash, and the rest of the High Mobility
Team, needing to get to the race course, dress Ryu and Jack up as women and
set themselves up as their bodyguards.

The villain behind the disappearances was Miss Killer, who wanted to kidnap
rival pilots so that she could win the race.  She threatens Lucy with a
knife and tells her to make sure Jody doesn't enter the race.  With Jody
out, Miss Killer would be the favorite to win.  But the woman-guised Ryu
and Jack are there to save Lucy.

Miss Killer's plan fails -- the other female pilots having been saved, the
race begins without incident.  But it doesn't end that way.  Some of the
pilots have ignored the rules and equipped their machines with weapons,
causing a brawl.  The confusion causes the race to be cancelled.

Watching this, the male pilots can only sigh heavily, saying, "Sure is
scary when women fight each other..."
RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
Heian, how are the Story Line translations coming alone?

While I'm posting, I better mention this. 

A guy named srothroc is offering to help anyone with translating Japanese text for hacks - board.acmlm.org/thread.php

I went and asked if he would be interested in helping out but you told him only one translator would be fine. 

I feel it might be worth having you translate the story lines and he translate the pilot profiles.  However, if your happy to do all the translations by yourself then please say so now. 

Looking forward to your reply and keep up the good work with the translations.

In other news, I have edited all 51 F-Zero Anime title graphics.   However, I need you to check to make sure the title names are correct.  I post the list and the links to them another  time. 
Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
RadioShadow what a surprise!  I just got back from the holidays (and finishing my thesis; what an ordeal) and was thinking that I've got to get back to work on this project, and here people are still interested!

I don't remember saying that I didn't want anyone else to help.  I'm working on the story mode so if Srothroc wants to do the pilot or machine profiles that would be fine.  I'll go post on Acmlm's board doo.  
Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
Chapter 22: Ryu and Falcon

Ryu was upset that he was still thought of as a 'person from the past'.  He realized that he had no idea who had created the ending to his Dargon Bird, and thought, 'just like me'.

Jody was working on repairing a [the?] warp gate.  In order to keep Ryu and her friends out of danger, she hadn't invited them along.  But then she got sucked into the hole and warped to the planet where Zoda's base was!  Now Zoda's cronies were after her; she was in a pinch.

To save Jody, Ryu and the rest of the team had to repair the gate.  But despite giving everything they could, they couldn't fix the problem.  Just as they fell into the depths of despair, Captain Falcon appeared.  He told Ryu just where to drive his machine, and at that point his car was bathed in light as a mysterious power repaired the warp gate.  They were able to get Jody back without trouble.

What exactly was the secret of the Dragon Bird?  Its mystery only deepened.
RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
Heian wrote:
RadioShadow what a surprise!  I just got back from the holidays (and finishing my thesis; what an ordeal) and was thinking that I've got to get back to work on this project, and here people are still interested!

I don't remember saying that I didn't want anyone else to help.  I'm working on the story mode so if Srothroc wants to do the pilot or machine profiles that would be fine.  I'll go post on Acmlm's board doo.  

Okay, I'll send Srothroc an e-mail and see what he says.  Hope you had a good holiday.  

After I plugged in my new TV, Ill post the graphic titles up and make sure the translations are correct. Smile

Now I just need to find Perfect guide and ask him to update the Transition Model.  I send him a PM on the Acmlm's bored. 
Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post

RS, that thesis was a monster. I had to have some serious self-discipline -- every time I started writing e-mail to friends, or playing games on my PC, or anything else computer-related, I forced myself to click on the "Thesis.doc" icon instead and put in some more labor. (And now that it's been submitted, I see dozens of things that I want to change!)

Anyway I'm going to try to get back to my pace of at least one chapter per day. Here's the next one:

Chapter 23: Get Ahead! Spin Booster!

Ryu is depressed about never being able to defeat Falcon, and he decides to remove the control device on his machine and drive using only his own ability.

Driving an F-Zero machine without its control device is extremely dangerous. The others refused, but Jack agreed to be Ryu's training partner. Ryu thanks him for this friendly gesture. Byt when Ryu crashes in training, Jack suffers an injury in trying to protect him.

When the day of the race comes, Ryu is depressed, feeling that Jack's injury is his fault. But Jack, out of the hospital, comes up to Ryu and encourages him.

His confidence regained, Ryu challenges Falcon. But Black Shadow's minions are in his way. Ryu decides to use his spin booster to get out of the jam. "BOOST FIRE!!" -- he succeeds! And Ryu then goes on to defeat Falcon.

Falcon says only, "Don't forget how to time that boost," before disappearing. It seems he had been testing Ryu.

Chapter 24: Octoman's Dream

Octoman, Zoda's underling, was nervous. Some octopi had come to support him as representatives of their home planet, Takora.

Octoman had been taking advantage of the lack of F-Zero news on Takora by telling his friends that he had been winning every race. These lies made him a hero on his home planet. He was determined to keep his duplicity a secret.

Ryu and the team had received orders to protect this Takora contingent. In order to avoid poiltical trouble between the Galactic Federation and Takora, they overlooked Octoman's lies. With the Takora delegation on hand to cheer for Octoman, an F-Zero race began. Today, Octoman had to win!

But he fell behind the lead pack and was discouraged. Then the lead group, including Ryu and Zoda, fought each other with spin attacks. Octoman's machine, trailing this pack, was still undamaged. He was able to surge ahead and win the race.

The Takora representatives went home satisfied, and Octoman breathed a sigh of relief.

Ryu and his team were also relieved when the prize money was given to Takora as a gift. Better than it falling into the hands of Dark Million!

But Zoda, failing to win and then finishing out of the money, found Black Shadow's eye pointing his way.

Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
Chapter 25: Super-Substance Reactormite!

(There's an established term for reactormite; someone tell me what it is)

A spacefaring vessel is attacked by Lisa Brilliant's band of pirates, and its cargo is stolen. Coincidentally, included in this cargo is a substance called "reactormite", which allows energy to be utilized to the fullest.

In order to find Lisa's whereabouts, Ryu visits her husband Samurai Goroh.

Lisa was in turn being chased by Zoda, who wanted the reactormite. Lisa manages to get the reactormite to Goroh, but Zoda captures her. To rescue her, Ryu and Goroh take the reactormite to Zoda's base. They face Zoda but Lisa is held hostage. They are unable to resist as Zoda tries to kill them..

Ryu wants to hand the reactormite over to Zoda, but Goroh stops him. "What's with that pathetic face!? No matter what the situation, even if you're going to die, never look like you've given up!"

But Zoda has already fired at Ryu! Then a piece of the reactormite is emitted. The energy sends Ryu and Zoda flying. Zoda is mesmerized by the power. He ignores Ryu, takes the reactormite, and disappears.

"With this, I can defeat Black Shadow!" Zoda embraces the reactormite and laughs.

Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
Chapter 26: Zoda's Ambition

The traitorous Zoda has had reactormite inserted in his body by Black Shadow, and is thrown away in Mute City.  He wanders the city aimlessly.

Ryu and his comrades, looking for the reactormite, fail to notice Zoda in his changed form.  But  then the reactormite responds to Zoda's repressed anger and changes him into a monster.  Surrounded by an evil aura, Zoda climbs into the Death Anchor bent on destruciton.  The High Mobility Patrol seems powerless to stop him, but Ryu wants to challenge his rival from 150 years in the past.  The powered-up Zoda, however, is too strong for him.   But then as Zoda is cornered, his bdy changes again.  Unable to withstand the increased power, his body begins to wither.  Black Shadow, in imitation of Ryu and Falcon's 'Boost Fire', uses his 'Back Fire' technique to create a hole in space and send Zoda into it.

Ryu is astonished.  What was that mysterious technique?  The incident is finished, but the conundrum remains.

Chapter 27: Beast Hunter

There are rumors of a wolf-like howl that can be heard in Mute City on full moon nights.

One day, Beastman, famous for repelling space beasts who harm human beings, arrives in Mute City.  Ryu and the High Mobility Patrol take custody of him, but Beastman, who prefers to work alone, chafes under their control. 

Meanwhile, Lucy is out walking in the rain with her boyfriend Leon.  They come upon Ryu, who is searching for the recently-escaped Beastman.  Leon hears about Beastman and begins to shake unreasonably.  As it turns out, Leon is a werewolf -- one of the space beasts that Beastman has come to hunt.  He had come to Mute City to hide.

Leon's true form is revealed to Ryu, but he is able to escape Beastman's clutches.  As he breathes a sgh of relief, the next F-Zero race begins.Lucy causes an accident, and to save her, Leon changes into a werewolf, heedless of being spotted by Beastman.  Lucy is saved but Leon is unable to remain in Mute City.  Beastman is silent as Leon escapes.

Several days later, as rain begins to fall, Lucy thinks of the now-missing Leon.  Again an umbrella is offered to her.   She turns around expectantly, but this time it's Ryu standing behind her.   Lucy takes his arm as they walk off.
Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
Chapter 28: An Invitation from Black Shadow

An invitation from Black Shadow arrives.

"Roy's brain cells are still alive.  If you want him to come back to life, handd Dr. Stewart over to Dark Million."

Roy is Clank's father; a spy who infiltrated Dark Million in order to learn about the enemy.  Somehow, he has to be brought back to life!  But there's no way that the doctor can guarantee this.  Nonetheless, he heads for Dark Million territory, determined.  Ryu and the others follow closely behind, but Dark Million takes them away and they lose track of Stewart.

Dr. Stewart, on the Dark Million base, begins to operate on Roy.  The operation is successful, and Roy returns to life as the cyborg Mighty Gazelle.  Black Shadow, surprisingly, honors his promise and returns Gazele and Dr. Stewart to the Patrol.  Ryu and the others are ecstatic at their safe return.

Dr. Stewart and Gazelle's machines, however, have had bombs planted in them!  Ryu and the other members are able to defuse the bombs.  They had no way of knowing, however, that inside Mighty Gazelle's body was another switch...
Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
Chapter 29: Mighty Gazelle

Gazelle begins work as member of the Galactic Police Force and his work is acclaimed as heroic.  Young Clank, a big fan, has no idea that Gazelle is in fact his father, and because the part of Gazelle's brain that remembered his former life as Roy has been erased, he also does not know. 

Around that time, a number of attacks on members of the High Orbit Patrol occur in rapid succession.  It seems that there is an information leak somewhere, and the most suspicious figure is Gazelle, who always seems to be first on the scene.  Ryu decides to keep an eye on Gazelle.  In fact, the 'other switch' that Black Shadow had placed in Gazelle was turning him evil and recording information while Gazelle played the part of a police hero.

Ryu and the patrol discover the truth and fight with Gazelle.  They repel Gazelle but Clank is devastated by his hero's betrayal.  Ryu tries to encourage him, but of course is unable to reveal that Gazelle is Clank's father. 

Dark Million's plans seem to have failed, but Black Shadow is laughing mysteriously as a man who looks just like Captain Falcon appears.  Who could he be?  All that could be said was that this demon's plans were making steady progress.
RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
Well done Heian.  Smile

Looks like I need to edit a few graphic anime titles since some of the translations I put in are wrong. Razz 

I must get in contact with Perfect Guy, I think I better send an e-mail and get ask him to update his translation tool. 

I'm going to be figuring out how to put a VWF in first know before I add in the Story Translations. 

Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
RadioShadow, even if you can't get a VWF in there, an 8x16 monospaced font would be almost as good, and probably easier ot implement.

Also, I've been translating these things using either the past or present tense depending on the basic vibe I get from the text.  The original is mainly in the present, but I put that in the past (with the original past in the past perfect... if that makes sense) if I thought it flowed better.  If you want to unify that, please tell me.

More progress to come!
RadioShadow
Black Bull
Reply to this Post
Heian wrote:
RadioShadow, even if you can't get a VWF in there, an 8x16 monospaced font would be almost as good, and probably easier ot implement.

Also, I've been translating these things using either the past or present tense depending on the basic vibe I get from the text.  The original is mainly in the present, but I put that in the past (with the original past in the past perfect... if that makes sense) if I thought it flowed better.  If you want to unify that, please tell me.

More progress to come!

Your translations seem fine in the past and flow nicely.  Just keep working hard with the translations. 

I won't be looking into changing the font width until February since I'm busy with school coursework at the moment.   I'll see if I can get a full VWF in but I will be just as happy with a 8 x 16 font.  It makes things easy as the roman letters are already located in the rom so all that needs changing is the width of the font. Once that is done I'll then start adding in the translations. Smile

One main problem is getting in touch with Perfect Guy.  He is the one that made the 'Transition Model' which allows the Story and Pilot Profiles to be changed.  What we need to ask him to do is update it so it:

- Adds in the graphic titles
- Adds in a VWF (8x16 or full)  -  When I discovered how of course Smile
- Adds in any other graphics  
- Able to change side scrolling text (the ones that appear at the Main Menu, in control options etc) 

If you have any idea of getting in contact with him, let me know.  I think I might need to send him an e-mail. 
Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
I think I have Perfect Guy's e-mail around somewhere.  I can also send him a message on the Acmlm hacking board, which I know he reads from time to time.  He might just bot be comig here often because there hasn't been any news of a new F-Zero game; as soon as they announce one for the Wii, this place will pick up.

Anyway, a few more chapters for your pleasure:

Chapter 30: Another Falcon

A man calling himself "Blood Falcon" has sent a letter of challenge to Captain Falcon.  Ryu doesn't trust this Blood Falcon, who brazenly invites himself into a race with the Captain, as he begins to train for his next race.

Dr. Stewart figures out that Blood Falcon is actually a clone of Captain Falcon.  He considers using special drugs to destroy the clone, but that would invite revenge.

The race begins.  Ryu and Captain Falcon use spin boosts in order to keep up with Blood Falcon's blistering pace.  The clone, however, mimics their moves perfectly.  But just as it looks like Blood Falcon will pull away with the victory, his machine is unable to stand up to the spin boosts, and it crashes.  Ryu and Falcon come away with the win.

Blood Falcon, in defeat, chooses to die as onlookers gape in amazement.  Dr. Stewart, though, has a realization.  "He's a clone.  If the enemy still has the DNA that it developed..."

The battle with Blood Falcon may only just be beginning.

Chapter 31: A Resemblance

On the way back from visiting her brother's grave, Jody sees a man who looks just like him.  When Jody returns to the grave of her brother, who died on a cafe terrace, she finds that the body is gone.  Is he in fact still alive?

Jody begins to hope and starts investigating.  Ryu learns of this and joins in.

The High Mobility Patrol is summoned to protect the Dark Million pilot Billy.  Billy also asks them to help a friend of his, and this friend seems to know Jody's brother.  Ryu thought Jody would leap into action upon hearing that, but Jody does nothing, preferring to make sure that the information is genuine before doing anything; Ryu is unable to understand this.

Ryu heads for the Dark Million training grounds to talk with Billy's friend in an effort to acquire more information about Jody's brother.  Waiting for him there was Blood Falcon -- it was of course a trap.  Ryu was in a pinch but then Captain Falcon appeared and fought wth Blood Falcon.  Jody and the rest of the Patrol arrive to assist.  Together they are able to repel Blood Falcon.

A few days later, Jody returns to the cafe terrace.  She is completely unaware that the man who looks like her brother is walking past...
Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
Chapter 32: A Cry in the Darkness

It was an ordinary day no different from any other for Ryu, but suddenly he was shaking with a kind of shapeless fear.

Then, when the race started, there were 19 Blood Hawks, driven by 19 Blood Falcons, at the starting line!  The course was in chaos.  Then Black Shadow's "Black Fire" appeared and left Ryu and the other drivers in darkness.

Zoda, who had been imprisoned by Black Shadow, was waiting in this darkness.  He took out the incomplete Blood Falcons to increase his power.  The reactormite in his chest began to emit a light, which Zoda changed into something evil and violent.

Ryu, Falcon, and Zoda were able to use the power of the reactormite to escape from the darkness with a 'triple boost fire'.

But this only brought more power to Zoda...

Chapter 33: James McCloud

A new instructor, introduced by executive director John Tanaka, has come to train the High Mobility Patrol.

A former soldier, his name is James McCloud.  The Patrol quickly tire of his militaristic training methods.  Only Ryu believes in them and continues the grueling exercises.

But McCloud had once been an instructor for Dark Million.  His plan now was to have Dark Million and the High Orbit Patrol take one another out in the races, leaving him with the victory.  Ryu and the Patrol were helpless as victory was taken from them, but Dark Million wasn't about to sit silently by while being tricked.  They set up an ambush for McCloud on his return from the race, and Miss Killer attacked him.  It was Ryu who came to the rescue.

When McCloud was in the military, a friend had betrayed him, and ever since then, he had been unable to trust other people.  Since then he had preemptively betraed others for his own gain.

Ryu, however, was different.  Despite being tricked by McCloud, he still came to the traitor's rescue.

And after that, something began to change in McCloud's cold heart.
Heian
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
More!

Chapter 34: Clank and Gazelle

Mighty Gazelle had put the race in turmoil, but thanks to Captain Falcon,
his machine was shoved away, and it exploded.  After this, his memory was
erased, and Mighty Gazelle was reborn.  This meant that he was like a child
again.  Jody, who was also in charge of Clank, was assigned the duty of
educating him.

Clank had no idea that Gazelle was in fact his father, and the two of them
got on well.  But then he overheard a conversation by Ryu and discovered
the truth.  Clank was shocked.

Meanwhile, Miss Killer was plotting to crush the High Mobility Patrol.  She
would put everything she had into the next race to defeat Ryu.  But then
Zoda's spaceship appeared.  He tried to attack Ryu and the Patrol from
behind the cover of his ship.  They attempted to escape to the paddock, but
Clank and Gazele weren't quick enough.  An explosion rocked the area.  When
the smoke cleared, Gazelle was using his body to shield Clank and protect
him.

Chapter 35: Falcon's Confession

No one knew who Captain Falcon really was.  Clank found this mysterious.
One day, Falcon finished second to Ryu in a race, and the defeated Miss
Killer attacked him.  Falcon quickly covered Ryu, and was injured.  Ryu was
worried, but Falcon insisted that it was only a scratch, and disappeared.

After that, Clank noticed that Bart had the same injury as Falcon.  "Could
he be...?"  Suspicious, he discovered in old data that Bart was only in his
store when Captain Falcon wasn't racing.  And then, he discovered a
mysterious tunnel in Falcon House.  This led to Falcon's underground
storage area.  There, Clank met Bart and confirmed that he really was
Falcon.  He promised to keep the secret of Falcon's identity between the
two of them.
   Index » F-Zero Climax » More story translations Goto page 1, 2  Next