Home Page
F-Zero Central Community Update (Oct.) Championships General Forum Players Photo Album
F-Zero Climax
F-Zero GP Legend
F-Zero MV
F-Zero X
F-Zero GX
F-Zero SNES
F-Zero Climax F-Zero GP Legend F-Zero MV F-Zero X F-Zero GX F-Zero SNES
Twitter Facebook YouTube Twitch
GP Legend Rules Resources Videos Ladders Your Times Latest Times Records Forum
   « View previous topic | View next topic »  
    Index » F-Zero GP Legend » should there be a tournament for gpl?

is this a good idea?
yes
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
no
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
why did you do this?
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

prower42
Blue Falcon
should there be a tournament for gpl?
Reply to this Post
i've got an idea if so...
Not enough thought was put into this sig

so i leave you with this...
prower42
Blue Falcon
Re: should there be a tournament for gpl?
Reply to this Post
prower42 wrote:
i've got an idea if so...
 yeesh! then i guess my machine testing is now going to nothing!

Copernicus
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

What do you mean by machine testing?  Do you want a full set of times for each vehicle so you can tell how unbalanced they are?  I was interested in this once.  It would be useful for remaking GPL so it would be more balanced.  I've always been annoyed by how at least 75% of the vehicles in a F-Zero game become useless once you try to compete in time attack.

Uchiha Madao
Staff Ghost
Reply to this Post

that happens in almost every racing series.

the only way to avoid it is to make many cars have almost the same stats or even the same stats.

prower42
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
Copernicus wrote:

What do you mean by machine testing?  Do you want a full set of times for each vehicle so you can tell how unbalanced they are?  I was interested in this once.  It would be useful for remaking GPL so it would be more balanced.  I've always been annoyed by how at least 75% of the vehicles in a F-Zero game become useless once you try to compete in time attack.

that i why i'm testing! here's the low down. CLASSIC GP________entry areas______OPEN mode________CLASSIC mode_(sorry but my opera browser on the wii is being a [bunny flash])____tracks__Jack league______1.mute city I___2.big blue___3.sand ocean___4.clip oval___5.silence(next post)

prower42
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
rules: OPEN mode ______ can use *any machine with certain settings_________CLASSIC mode_____you can use ONLY the machines in f-zero SNES with these settings_________ Blue Falcon=50%_________Golden Fox=100%________Wild Goose=75%________Fire Stingray=100%_____________*certain machines can and will be banned from this tournament!

LeadfootX1
Golden Fox
Reply to this Post
prower42 wrote:
rules: OPEN mode ______ can use *any machine with certain settings_________CLASSIC mode_____you can use ONLY the machines in f-zero SNES with these settings_________ Blue Falcon=50%_________Golden Fox=100%________Wild Goose=75%________Fire Stingray=100%_____________*certain machines can and will be banned from this tournament!

i would think that the golden fox would be at 25%, since it's the fastest accelerating machine.

prower42
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
LeadfootX1 wrote:
prower42 wrote:

i would think that the golden fox would be at 25%, since it's the fastest accelerating machine.

actually you also have to take into account that near 30% the Golden Fox's boost will be severely overpowered__________also TWIN NORITA, RED GAZELE, & DEATH ANCHOR ARE BANNED!!!

prower42
Blue Falcon
sorry for double post but IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!!
Reply to this Post
I am going to say it now so i can finaly get this down_____________YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED ONE BOOST PER LAP like SNES and you will go to practice mode and set the laps to: 5 & expert rivals to: 3__________it's more about making 1st on every course and getting the maximum score in the gp totals___________1st:4pts_____2nd:3pts______3rd:2pts_____4th:0pts_________IF YOU BOOST MORE THAN THE BOOSTS THAT YOU HAVE restart, it's simple!_________you start with 3 lives (count 0) if you die, boost early, or restart you lose 1 life________(extra note: if you accidentally boost i.e. L then R in a chicane no life loss, it happens.... ^_^)_______ one more thing.... BLACK BULL IS A MEH! (meaning you can use it but i don't recommend it (any%))

Copernicus
Blood Hawk
Reply to this Post

In classic mode are you trying to get the vehicles to have the same stats as they did in the first F-Zero, or to be as broken as the first F-Zero?  For instance, the speedometer in GPL lists twice the speed of MV, so you could choose an engine setting that would produce the same max speeds for the vehicles in the original F-Zero simply by doubling their max speed.  Blue Flacon would be 11/16 (68.75%), Golden Fox 11/16 (68.75%), Wild Goose 14/16 (87.5%), and Fire Stingray 0/16 (0%).  If you want the vehicles to be as broken as the original, then you can't use the four original vehicles, since they have different speed maintenances.  In the original F-Zero the Fire Stingray had the best speed maintenance, but in GPL it has the worst when compared to the other 3 classic vehicles.  If you want 4 vehicles to be as broken as the original I'd go:

Fire Stingray = Dragon Bird 13/16 (81.25%)

Wild Goose = Mad Wolf 7/16 (43.75%)

Blue Falcon = Mighty Typhoon 7/16 (43.75%)

Golden Fox = Wonder Wasp 0/16 (0%).

There is no perfect combination as far as I can tell.  As for the actual competition, you want practice mode, but in practice mode it's possible to boost on the first lap, which normally isn't possible in a F-Zero race.  Also, are you allowing rocket starts, side attacks, strafing, and drifting?  If you really want it to be classic you'd have to ban these.  Even with all that it seems too easy to come in first.

prower42
Blue Falcon
Reply to this Post
Copernicus wrote:

In classic mode are you trying to get the vehicles to have the same stats as they did in the first F-Zero, or to be as broken as the first F-Zero?  For instance, the speedometer in GPL lists twice the speed of MV, so you could choose an engine setting that would produce the same max speeds for the vehicles in the original F-Zero simply by doubling their max speed.  Blue Flacon would be 11/16 (68.75%), Golden Fox 11/16 (68.75%), Wild Goose 14/16 (87.5%), and Fire Stingray 0/16 (0%).  If you want the vehicles to be as broken as the original, then you can't use the four original vehicles, since they have different speed maintenances.  In the original F-Zero the Fire Stingray had the best speed maintenance, but in GPL it has the worst when compared to the other 3 classic vehicles.  If you want 4 vehicles to be as broken as the original I'd go:

Fire Stingray = Dragon Bird 13/16 (81.25%)

Wild Goose = Mad Wolf 7/16 (43.75%)

Blue Falcon = Mighty Typhoon 7/16 (43.75%)

Golden Fox = Wonder Wasp 0/16 (0%).

There is no perfect combination as far as I can tell.  As for the actual competition, you want practice mode, but in practice mode it's possible to boost on the first lap, which normally isn't possible in a F-Zero race.  Also, are you allowing rocket starts, side attacks, strafing, and drifting?  If you really want it to be classic you'd have to ban these.  Even with all that it seems too easy to come in first.

wow did not see you coming but...same stats as SNES

customracer209
Black Bull
Reply to this Post

Copernicus is right. I mean I've won an EXPERT race with Blue Falcon and never had to use boost, because the computer racers are so weak and they act retarded, so that explains why they like to hit walls.

Index » F-Zero GP Legend » should there be a tournament for gpl?